I am looking for a good beach to take my son during the Christmas break. This would be our first trip to the Caribbean. First and foremost criterion for me is good, swimming beach - clear and warm turquoise water and soft sand- Last year, we went to Zihuatanejo and really enjoyed the warm water there (would have been nice to be a tad warmer too!). We are based in San Francisco so I also like to go to the most accessible one from here (fewest stops). My son has special needs so making travel easier would be nice. I generally prefer smaller, less touristy beaches. It would be good , though, if we had some water sports activity available there.
I have looked at a number of sites that list the "beast beaches in Caribbean" and they all have different ones listed and it was confusing. Hence, I thought I would be great to get suggestions from people who have actually been to some of these beaches (Turks and Caicos, Bermuda, U.S VI, Anguilla, Barbados, etc. etc.)
Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 nfl Football Game
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 4 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 5 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 6 NYE in Punta Cana
- 7 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 8 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 11 Abaco day trips
- 12 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 13 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 14 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 15 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 16 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 17 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 18 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 19 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 20 sailing the Abacos
- 21 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 22 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 23 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 24 1st time to Barbados
- 25 Help selecting an island destination!