Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

BEST hotel suggestions for UNDER $150.00 in Anguilla?

May 19th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Kerry

The cheaper the better... Can't afford a 5 star - would like charm, etc. / Also,anything need to know about going in August? Appreciate responses

May 20th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Mary

Go to http://hotels.ai -- they're grouped by price (including guesthouses under $100). Also - many high end restaurants are closed in August but it's also Carnival time -- Enjoy!

May 20th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Anon

If you want charm look into Anguilla Great House. It's a great little place and the people there are super.

May 20th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Howard

Check out the Sonesta. Someone on another web site said they were offering a summer special of $125/room. If so it is a great deal. Also check out Carimar Beach club. They normally offer summer specials. Stay seven pay for five etc. In August you will want A/C. Carnival is 1-10 August

May 21st, 2002, 05:19 AM
Chucl

I would like to suggest Rendezvous Bay which is located at the opposite end of the beach from Cuisinart and The Dune Preserve. My wife and I stayed in their beachfront units in March and it was absolutely great! You walk out the front door onto a porch and you are within 30 feet of the water. It was fantastic listening to the waves at night and on one evening we had dinner delivered to the porch and ahd a wonderful meal!!!

This is an older resort but the rooms are well maintained and very clean. Rates were quite reasonable and I noticed that they are offering a special at the web site www.cheapcarribean.com if you want to take a look.

I thought that it was nice that the beach was never crowded and very little surf. If you want any other info please feel free to email as I have digital phots if you want any specifics.

May 21st, 2002, 06:07 AM
Mary, Anon, Howard, Chuck

Thank you all for your responses - very helpful! I had never before posed a question on Fodors or anywhere else for that matter. It is a great way to get feedback - thanks again - Kerry.
P.S. I was trying to send an email back to everyone - or do you have to enter each email address separately?

May 21st, 2002, 07:37 AM
Anon

Double check Rendezvous Bay, there is one hotel on that bay that has no bar service and I think it might be RB. It's a do it yourself honor bar if I remember right.

Also, IMHO Rendezvous Bay is the nicest beach on the island.

May 21st, 2002, 09:00 AM
Maree

Check out low season rates for La Sirena Hotel--very good rating. Using Google you can just type out the resort followed by Anguilla. Try Where2Stay.com and see travelers reviews.

May 22nd, 2002, 01:45 PM
Bart

Since December 1999 we do have a full service bar at Rendezvous Bay Hotel and Villas.

May 25th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Beenthere

The single best value on the island is Pardise Cove -- Review their web page

May 27th, 2002, 08:59 AM
O.T.

Suggest you look into the Maderiman Beach Club at Shoal Bay East. Havn't stayed myself, but know someone who did and loved it. Had a look in, it is very spacious, well furnished, well equipped, clean and with very lovely Anguillian hosts. It is small, (only 5 rooms), only a few years old, - And it is right on the beach!