Best hotel in Port Antonio?

Oct 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Best hotel in Port Antonio?

My wife and I are looking to stay in Port antonio for our 1st anniversary. What hotels do you recommend the most? Mocking bird looks a little small but has had nice reivews. Curious also about Fernhill or other nice places.

Oct 20th, 2003, 01:05 AM

Recommend Fern Hill or a Blue Hole Lagoon villa -- there aren't many choices in Portee.
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:23 AM

We loved Fern Hill but there are others that cost more that may be as nice. We took a lot of phtos of Fern Hill if you're interested: http://www.alink.com/personal/liz/negril/index.htm (that's the trip report, photos are linked). You'd want a car here, or be ready to take taxis (which are easy to get from the resort. You're up on a hill overlooking the water, great views but a hike to the beach).

Blue Lagoon Villas are not cheap but there is one that rents for less than the others, I haven't stayed there but I'm planning to do that, or at least look in next time I'm there, it's right on the water: http://www.norsehill.com/

I hear mostly nice things about the Jamaica Palace and Trident Castle, have a friend that really enjoyed the latter a year or so ago.

The east coast is a really incredible area of Jamaica and there is a LOT to do by day if you choose....
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks,
Norsehill looks good. We may try to go there. I wonder why it is so much cheaper than the rest of bluelagoons?

Oct 27th, 2003, 09:44 AM

That's a good question...I think the beach cottage is only 1 bedroom, that may be a lot of it.

Also, if you book it through the BL website instead of through their own website, it costs a lot more.
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Just booked a week at norse point for January. Looks great! The owner seems very nice. Trying to decide if we should rent a car. Any advice? Also, should we drive on our own from Montego Bay or hire a driver? What advice do you have about safety there?
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:32 PM

Do you try the Bonnie view? The view is unbelievable but as we only had lunch there I could not comment on the hotel itself. The French fried sweet potatoes were great!

Search this Thread