Best golf resort in Caribbean?

May 21st, 2002, 01:59 PM
arl

Best golf resort in Caribbean?

Please help me with recommendations for 3 couples in the Carribean. Must have golf
course.
Thanks

May 21st, 2002, 02:19 PM
Dolores

If you are seriously into golf, in the Dominican Republic check out:

Low cost: Caribbean Village Playa Grande or Catalina Hotel near Cabrera in Maria Trinidad Sanchez province. These hotels are near the Playa Grande Golf Course, one of the best in the Caribbean.

If money is not a problem there is the Punta Cana Corales (where Clinton and friends stayed). See http://www.puntacana.com

In the middle range, there is Casa de Campo in La Romana and its four golf courses, three which are open to the public.

For more information on golf courses in the DR, see http://dr1.com/travel/special/golf.shtml

May 22nd, 2002, 05:49 AM
Marla

Hyatt Dorado in Puerto Rico, beautiful golf courses and divine beach. Not recommended for Summer. Don't miss the rainforest and beautiful Luquillo Beach during the week--not the weekends.

May 28th, 2002, 07:50 AM
duffer

Look at Tryall (villas) or Ritz Carlton (hotel) on Jamaica, Westin Rio Mar (hotel) on Puerto Rico. Great courses at all 3 locations.
Also check for villas at Royal Westmorland in Barbados.

May 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
xxx

Ack! I can't believe no one has mentioned the Four Seasons-Nevis as one of the best golf resorts! It is consistently #1 or 2 on all of the "best" lists! I haven't played the course (I don't play golf), but I have seen it and it is beautiful!

May 29th, 2002, 03:16 AM
Peg

We are avid golfers and have traveled the caribbean extensively. We have found the best golf courses to be in Puerto Rico.

May 29th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Susan

To Marla re: Puerto Rico: Hyatt Dorado:
Why not summer? How about late June?
When do you think is best time to visit?