Best Family Resort

May 5th, 2019, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Best Family Resort

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I have some specific criteria: My daughter gets carsick on fairly short trips (15 minutes starts getting dicey; over 30 is near guaranteed illness), so I want something proximate to the airport. Ideally with direct flights from DC (preferably Reagan Airport). Since we can't drive, we'd be staying at the resort the whole time. Definitely want a nice beach. Prefer all inclusive, but its not required. Don't like giant super crowded places. Would prefer a suite with separate rooms because Daughter (age 4) goes to bed earlier than the adults. Budget is not really an issue, but would prefer not to go tooooo expensive. TIA!

Last edited by Amicita; May 5th, 2019 at 05:20 AM.
May 5th, 2019, 06:41 AM

Check out Beaches Resort on Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos islands. It's very family friendly resort on one of the best (12 mile long) white sand beaches in the Caribbean and only about 5 miles from the airport (less than a 12 minute drive).

Also look at El San Juan Hotel in Isla Verde - Family friendly resort on San Juans best beach just 2 miles (8 minute drive) from San Juan Airport.

Then there's Marriott's Frenchman's Cove on St. Thomas - 5.5 miles (about 18 minute drive) from the airport.

On St. Martin look at Belmont La Samanna Resort - only 2.7 miles (11 minute drive) from the airport.

You'll have to check to see if you can get to those islands non-stop from from Reagan Airport - if not you should be able to fly out of IAD.
May 5th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll check these out.
May 19th, 2019, 04:42 AM

Beaches Turks and Caicos fits your every need, although on the higher side of price range for AI. But everything really is included, even alcohol and tips. Kids club, small waterpark and incredible beach. Fifteen minutes from airport - they provide transportation. It is giant - but never feels crowded because it is giant. We just returned a month ago. Any other questions welcome.