Reload this Page >

Best Beaches on Western Puerto Rico?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 10:39 AM
jocon

Can anyone give me some info about the beaches on the western side of the island. I've heard the public beaches weren't very well maintained, I'm hoping this isn't true everywhere. I'm staying in the Rincon area for a week and love to just chill on a quiet beach all day. Suggestions?

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:11 PM
W

I know the beaches in Rincon are beautiful especially if you are staying at the Rincon Beach Resort or the Horned Dorset Primavera. You might not see anyone around the beaches at all on any given day. They stretch for miles & what I define as very private & some what secluded.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Annie

We stayed at the Ponce Hilton recently. We asked where to go to see the best beaches in the area and they said Rincon. I don't think you will be disappointed by any of the beaches there.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Adrienne

Boqueron, about 1/2 hour south of Rincon, has a great, well-maintained beach on the bay. The sleepy, fishing village also provides a great atmosphere. Be sure totake a drive a bit further south of Boqueron to the Cabo Rojo Lighthouse (the southwestern tip of PR). The views are fantastic. Aim to go early in the AM, and you'll find yourself alone on the cliffs. Have a great time!

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:35 PM
rqf

For a listing of every beach in PR go to www.travelandsports.com and click on beaches.