Search

Lacabana Resort

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lacabana Resort

I am going to the Lacabana in less than two weeks, has anyone stayed there? Also, can anyone recommend a good rib place to eat? and how about a dinner or relaxing cruise to do at night? thanks
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 09:51 AM

Not sure about ribs specifically, but two awesome meat-lovers' restaurants are El Gaucho (a must-must-must-do...the best steak I've ever had!) and Amazonia (Brazilian churrascaria -- all-you-can-eat meat, great preparation, and by the time we left I thought I'd never be able to eat again).
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM

We stayed at the LaCabana Villas for two weeks in 2004. There are two parts to LaCabana. The "Villas" are in the back and the "LaCabana Beach and Racquet Club" is in the front. Which part are you staying in? It is a large property. I think about 800 rooms. I think all "rooms" are really suites. The unit we had had a kitchen, a large bedroom with two double beds, a dining area, living room area with a couch that opens to a queen size bed and a small balcony. You must cross a road to get to a sandy beach with beach chairs and wooden umbrellas. Depending how full the property is will depend how early you must "save" your chairs and umbrella. We never had a problem if we went down around 7 or 8 am. If you have any other specific questions, I will be glad to answer. Also, go the www.lacabana.com. Sorry about the rib question, we don't eat meat so I can't help you there.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM

I've read major raves about King's Ribs, which is a takeout place on the road between the hotels and town.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM

We've had two great vacations at LaCabana and for awesome ribs try King Ribs or Iguana Joe's.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you! We are staying in the 1 bedroom suite that you mentioned in the back, I think. thanks so very much, and King ribs will have us there and also El Gauchos has been recommended by everyone I know!
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
iw

We liked Amazonia, but heard that El Gaucho's was great. We enjoyed the sunset sail that was set up through the Marriott...I think it was DePalm tours??? I hear that you can save $$ if you contact the company directly. We had a great dinner at Aqua, across from the Hyatt.