Best Beach in St John/Thomas + Price

Feb 11th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Kelly

Best Beach in St John/Thomas + Price

I am going to St John/ St Thomas on April or May 2000. What is the best hotel rate, price value and most of all a beach front with crystal clear waters. It doesn't have to be expensive... but quiet and nice surroundings is important. Thanks for the suggestions.

Feb 11th, 2000, 05:39 AM
kris

On a recent cruise we went to St. Thomas. We spent the day at Megan's Bay. Once known as one of the top 10 beaches in the world, since gaining popularity it has not made the list, but is still one of the most beautiful beaches. We loved it!

Feb 22nd, 2000, 04:30 AM
Casey Broadwell

I also agree Magen's Bay Beach is beautiful, I need to share with you an even more beautiful beach. Take the 25 minute ferry from Red Hook St. Thomas (it costs $4.00 per person one way and it runs on the hour) to Trunk Bay St. John it is also a National Park it has very clean bathroom and shower facilities and has a snack bar and it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Because of us visiting that beach we are planning a week's vacation around that beach!

Feb 22nd, 2000, 04:26 PM
KarenW

Might want to start your search at www.st-thomas.com. It is hard to recommend a specific site without knowing more about what you are looking for. Some of the hotels offer condo-like sets up or villas which can be a good alternative. Or you might prefer the hotel setting such as the Reef or like properties (the Ritz, etc.) which are nice. Secret Harbour is a small casual complex with very good dining and a lovely quiet secluded beach. The Elysian units can also be configured to include a kitchen, dining and living room with a nice beach. These are only two of the many places you can check out on that site. If you need additional info, please feel free to email me.

Feb 23rd, 2000, 11:22 AM
Kelli

I honeymooned on St. John in May and stayed at the Westin. My Mom was just there and stayed at Gallows Point. The grounds at the Westin are very pretty, huge pool, nice beach - raft, jet ski rentals, etc. I went to St. Thomas, but was VERY glad that I was staying on St. John. It's not as busy and the beaches (you MUST go to Honeymoon Beach) are more beautiful. Trunk Bay has an underwater snorkel trail that is very cool. I lived in Hawaii for three years and found St. John beaches to be better. Have fun and good luck! Also on St. John, be sure to have the caribbean lobster at the Lime Inn.

Feb 23rd, 2000, 06:24 PM
Cheryl

I would be interested in rates for accomodations on St. John. From what I am seeing there are very expensive hotel resorts and cheap (?) campsites, but what about moderately priced places, preferably condos? I have just started checking out St. John, so I might be missing something. Thanks for any help!

Mar 17th, 2000, 07:28 AM
Susie

You may also want to try some of the private villas. I used cloud9villas and rented Moonsong. It was absolutely wonderful with beautiful views and great location. Only about 5 minutes from Cruz Bay. We did have to rent a jeep but it was well worth it. Some other villa rental locations-cateredto.com and caribbeanvillas.com.