best beach apartments

Old May 16th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best beach apartments

We are looking for accomodations for a family of 4 that won't breach the bank - $150usd. Kids are 5 & 8 so a pool and beach is preferred with at least 1 bedroom, balcony and kitchen that is central. A pretty tall order. Any comments / suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks,
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Oh, And the timing is March, 2006.

thanks.
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
J62

This season I stayed at Crystal Cove condos at Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas. Each unit is separately owned. I booked mine through bestbeach.com. The beach was actually closer than the pool, so we rarely used the latter. Great family beach, views of St. John, snorkeling right from the beach, great location close to Red Hook, immaculate newly redone condo (1br w/ 2 pull down beds in the living room).

They ran more than $150/night but being right on the beach was a huge bonus.
Old May 17th, 2005, 04:23 AM

As you are traveling in March 2006, that is "high season" in the Caribbean. You may have difficulty finding something decent for that price.

Lois
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:15 AM
cdt

We have traveled a few times with the same criteria, and meeting that price point in March, for a 1-br or 2-br beachfront apt. with kitchen, is pretty much impossible.

We also stayed at Crystal Cove but the 1-br is about $250 in high season.

There are some modest apts on the beach in Negril that you might get for $150, but there's a big spring break scene there in March.

Old May 21st, 2005, 03:17 AM

Hi Shultzy

I am happy to help

You can try Blue Orchid and Coral Mist on a Beautifull Beach, nice new clean hotels, grat rates, central lots of restaurants and stores around.

Best Regards
Sarah Taylor
www.glorytours.org
Old Aug 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM

Shultzy, I was reading a post you did on Turkey and would like to ask you about Cappadocia (and skipping it). You are the first person I every read that said I could skip Cappadocia and not be foolish to do so. We are very limited in time our first few days and the stress of flying all over the place just to fit in Cappadocia (a place I had never even heard of before I started my Turkey trip investigation)is driving me crazy. Ephesus is a must for us -- it always was -- and I was relieved to read your post. What forum should I reply to you on? Thanks. ccc.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 05:24 AM

cececat, I know it's on a different forum, but do NOT skip Cappadocia, it is way to cool!
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM

You might find something for $150 but no pool. I know of a place to stay that would meet your needs except for a pool. Located on the beach. Residential area apartments. Indian Bay St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Draw back would cost of airfare. If interested post and I'll get you the info. I've been staying there for 14 yrs. Proprietors are wonderful. There are actual porches that have a commanding view of Indian Bay and Bequia. Lots of bang for your buck.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Hello to all and thanks for replying. As for those who offered accomodation info.. we already have our tickets for Barbados so we are definately going unless it gets hit with a hurricane. We had tickets for Grand Cayman last year but cancelled only due to this web site. It was so weird that there was so little TV on the devastation. Anyway for the sole that asked about Turkey. I was just lucky to happen upon you e-mail and I am happy to help. Turkey is wonderful and you will love it....regardless of what people might say...'you're going to Turkey?? Why?? Anyway as for your question. OK Cap is neat and there are things to see but not much. The rock formations are very interesting but they aren't sure why the tunnels are there, the rock formations are everywhere and for those with limited time this would be what to expect. Flight to Cap, then drive for I think 2 hours to the hotel (the guys are great etc.). A guide is $100+ for the day which is the only way to go because you see the most and that is it. There isn;t anything else there. I wouldnt want to stay for more than 2 nights max. With all the amazing sites in Turkey, this is interesting but not a must. Hope this helps. Any other info needed, please e-mail [email protected]