Best & Worst (Unvarnished Opinions ONLY)

Aug 29th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Best & Worst (Unvarnished Opinions ONLY)

Here is a random question based on broad generalizations and is sure to provoke alot of passionate feelings. When answering, please use unvarnished, biased, non-pc opinions only. Also to make it as easy to compare as possible answer as follows:

1. Ive been to _____ countries on _____ continents.

2. The things I enjoy about travel are ________ and the things I hate are ______

3. My favorite country(ies) were ____________.

4. The country(ies) I would not return to are __________ OR IF THE ANSWER IS NONE

4. The countries I liked least are _________.

I will start.

1. Ive been to 16 countries on 4 continents.

2. My favorite things about travel are good food and unique cultural experiences. The things I hate are chain restaurants and all inclusive resorts.

3. My favorite countries were ITALY, TURKEY and PERU - amazing sites and great food

4. The country I would not return to is EL SALVADOR - dangerous and devoid of cultural activities.

Finally, I DO NOT want to hear from all the El Salvador apologists who want to tell me why I am wrong and how great it is. This thread is all about people's personal OPINIONS, as unbridled and obtuse as they may be. Therefore, please respect the posters and their personal opinions as right or wrong as they may be. Good Luck!

Aug 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM

This isn't another school assignment is it?
No thanks. Did enough of these.
Aug 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM

1. Ive been to 4 countries on 2 continents

2. I love relaxing, laid back environments, hate paying exorbinant amounts for a hotel.

3. Favorite country was BELIZE what a wonderful attitude the belizeans had!

4. I would return to all but my least favorite would be PANAMA - no particular reason

robjame - no offense, but how is this helpful? This is a good question - if you dont have anything to contribute, then dont and move on!
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:44 PM

No offense taken CRK

I would say that my response is about as helful as yours to this inane questionnaire, posted on the European board as well.
Read the purpose as written by the OP:

-to provoke alot of passionate feelings

-use unvarnished, biased, non-pc opinions only

Why would anyone solicit "non politically correct opinions"? rabble rousing that's why.

Aug 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM

CoDo posted the same thing over on the Europe forum. Either a homework assignment or just waaaaaay too much time on his hands.
Aug 30th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Jed

I would answer, but I varnished my opinions about a week ago. They were looking dull, so my wife made me do it.