Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Best All Inclusive for Group of Friends - 40 somethings

Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to take a trip next year with about 10 people - mostly couples, some singles - to celebrate my husband's birthday. We are in our young 40's and looking for an all-inclusive beach resort in the Carribean or Mexico. The preference would be an adults only resort or a place where there would not be a lot of children. Looking for a place that appeals to a wide range of tastes - ie - some just want to sit on the beach - others would be intereted in excursions. We are heading there from Boston and would prefer a place that is easily accessible - ie direct flight. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
KVR

Many of the "adult only" resorts are also considered "couple only" resorts.

You will find more options and less expensive prices in Mexico than in the Caribbean.

Here is a list of AI's in Mexico:

http://www.mexicoallinclusive.com/me...ve_resorts.cfm

Here's is a list of AI's in the Caribbean:

http://www.caribbeanallinclusive.com...ve_resorts.cfm

The are listed by family, adults and couples.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been to adults only resorts with friends and not all of them are totally couples oriented. The fact that you will have your own group will change that dynamic anyway.
It would really help if you would provide us with your budget. These resorts have vastly different price ranges.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Negril Jamaica
Playa del Carmen Mexico
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
WWK

Check LIVE AQUA in Cancun. We've been there four times. Hits all the boxes on your wish list.

Gorgeous beachfront, lovely rooms ( especially the Aqua Suite with its huge terrace overlooking the beach), no children at all,
7 pools, spa, decent food, some nightlife.

The resort is a very short ride from downtown Cancun for those who want/need more action than on site. Concierge can arrange any kind of excursion from golf to Mayan ruins.

Really wonderful place!
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM

Also check out The Royal Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. It's adults only and there were plenty of groups of friends there and not just couples. It is located just steps from Fifth Avenue where you can find shopping, restaurants and bars, and The Royal itself had good entertainment every night. Plus the food was good and the bartenders were happy to make the drinks as strong as you wanted them. I'm in Boston, too, and I think we had to make one stop and change planes but it was a quick and easy connection. Some friends joined us for part of the trip and I believe they may have had a non-stop. Jet Blue, maybe?