Best All Inclusive for 3 young couples

Feb 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Best All Inclusive for 3 young couples

Ok - I am driving this board crazy with questions...
We are trying to figure out a vacation for June for 3 20something couples. We had mostly settled on a cruise to Bermuda, but now the conversation has turned to an All-Inclusive resort.

We are going in June for 5nights/6days and want to spend MAX $3,000 per couple. Some of us are beach people, so a good beach, pool etc, is required. Others are not beach people, so will need variety of activities. Want somewhere with good food, some nightlife and upscale (with nice rooms, decor, etc). I would prefer Adults only - though I dont know if everyone else feels the same.

So far we have found deals on Travelocity for Paradisus Punta Cana in Dominican republic and Excellence Punta Cana so any recommendations on these would be appreciated also!! Thanks!!
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to say that budget $3,000 max must include airfare!
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

quiet here today...

Anyway, after a bit more internet research - found that Couples Negril and Couples swept away on Jamaica would be in our budget too. The Dominincan options would be about $1260 pp.
The Jamaica would be about $1360pp.
Anyone have any strong opinions on which is best - and why.
thanks!
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Might want to check www.cheapcaribbean.com and also www.worryfreevacations.com they have some great deals..I am waiting for just the right one to get away with my husband.. ; )
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:39 PM

The Sandals group of all inclusives might suit your requirements too. They have resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia and Antigua. What about the Beaches group?
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM

It's more expensive, but the resort that might best meet your needs is Couples Swept Away, also in Negril. It has the biggest sports complex in Negril (next is the gigantic Riu resorts, which are big and cheap, by the way). So there are plenty of activities to keep you occupied, and then there is the Negril nightlife, and Swept Away is right in the middle of things. The Riu resorts are kind of isolated, way up in Bloody Bay.
Feb 7th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
I have been looking online and am impressed by the huge amount of "stuff" that is included in the all-inclusive. Especially at the couples resorts in Jamaica. Also it is very appealling to be able to go into town.
So for only $100 more per person it sounds like the way to go - if we go all-inclusive.
Anyone stayed here?
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM

I have stayed at Couples Swept Away, and it was very nice. I ususally prefer my little non-inclusive, but if i had to stay at an AI, Swept Away is at the top of the list. I would choose Couples over Sandals any day. The extra $$ is really worth it, if you take advantage of the included extras.I would definitely
put Negril over the Dominican Republic.