Reload this Page >

bernuda in Nov.with 10 children

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:13 PM
carolyn

want a fammily renunion of 23,10 children 16 to 6 mo. range over thanksgiving.Is this a bad idea weather wise,et.Where to stay for least money and any other tips.Thanks much.

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:35 AM
anon

Bermuda weather is approx. that of Norfolk, Va. Go from that.

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:30 AM
janet

Beach is too cold to swim in November. The peak season is April to September when the weather is warmest and the water temperature is comfortable for swimming. If you still decide to go in Thanksgiving, a lot of hotels will offer low season rates. And just to let you know, since there's 23 of you, there are no car rentals there. You could get around by using the bus, a cab or renting a scooter.

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:11 PM
fyi

Yes it is off NorfolK-BUT it is semi-tropical and is much warmer than Va.. It is affected by the Gulf stream! You might get a beach day in and there is lots to see and do on the island. Harmony Hall is all inclusive, Salr Kettle, Longtail Apaartments, Royal Palms, Grotto, might be of interest.

Old May 6th, 2002, 04:39 PM
TC

Carolyn, please let me know what you decided on. I want to make certain that we won't be anywhere near that place. 10 kids?

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Marti

I think FYI meant Salt Kettle. I just read a description, sounds like a small b+b, the poster was looking for a big place!

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Parrot Mom

The people who can answer all your questions are at..<BR>www.keyguide.com/cgi-local/index.cgi Many of these people live in Bermuda...

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:22 AM
contessa

Hi, there!<BR>I'd recommend Grotto Bay above all other resorts.....they're equipped for children and welcome them. It's a small resort and easy to get around.....don't forget a bus trip to St. George's...it's close by and fun by bus!<BR>Enjoy!<BR>Peace,<BR>Contessa

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Jim

I wouldn't consider Bermuda in November if you are looking to swim, snorkel and enjoy the beaches. Personally, I think Bermuda is a waste in November unless you simply want to ride motor scooters, shop and dine. Bermuda has some incredibly beautiful beaches; I would do in season esp. with all those children to deny them the waters and beachtime would be wasted. Try something in the Caribbean. Also, we have always found Bermuda to be a rather expensive trip - not many bargains to be found there and that's fine, but do it in season.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Masterdux

Bermuda with 10 kids? I would recommend the Scheer Cliffs resort on the North East Coast. From there take one step forward.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:44 AM
anon

How mean you are!<BR>Why don't YOU go to Scheer Cliffs and take TWO steps forward?!