Wukking up Barbados

Old Dec 25th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wukking up Barbados

Hey guys this is kind of Radom not sure if I'm on the right forum but I'll give it a shot anyways

I'm dating a girl for a few months now from Barbados it's quite serious. She insists a big part of her culture is wukking up which in Europe we call basically grinding on guys. For people who know this dance style is it normal for girls in relationships to still do this? Where I'm from it's something that's super out of order to do with someone if your in a relationship and would cause a huge argument or break up. I've said I don't like it but it's her culture so I can't tell her to stop she can do what she wants at te end of the day. She says it's means nothing to anyone but I find it very hard to believe bajan guys are not loving that dance... Am I in the wrong to be upset about this?

Thanks
Old Jan 8th, 2016, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Joe009,

I wasn't sure if or how to way in on your question only because relations ships are an individual thing. However I am from Barbados and ...

I'd like to give my 2 cents on this ... wukking up is an inherent part of the Bajan culture , its more linked to the African part of Barbados' cultural heritage, while Bajans take it has a good time and a way of dance it can be bashful for visitors to the island and other cultures to witness. Also some people get more into the music than others.

I often think though that it is the spirit behind anything one does, and to each their own, depending on the agreement in the relationship.

Some people if out with their spouse may or may not dance with others and if they do it is often light and not as intense.