Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Bermuda - The Reefs (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/bermuda-the-reefs-274114/)

Adele Nov 18th, 2002 11:33 AM

Bermuda - The Reefs

Hi All,<BR><BR>My husband and I want to plan our first anniversary in Bermuda. I was there 20 years ago and he has never been. <BR>\<BR>I have heard rave reviewsw about the The Reefs. I would love to hear any suggestions on their rooms, beach or any other hotel suggestions before we make our final decision. <BR><BR>We are going in late April. . <BR><BR>We are early 50's and prefer smaller more intimate ocean view hotels.<BR><BR>Thank you so much.

debbie Nov 18th, 2002 01:58 PM

Adele-<BR>I have not stayed at the Reefs, but my husband and I went over and checked it out last time we were in Bermuda because we had also heard great things about it.<BR><BR>It is a small, intimate resort, with a nice beach on the South Shore (the side of the island you want to be on). It has a great open-air restaurant terrace - I think called Coconuts. A friend of mine just returned from there and was raving about the service, location, rooms, etc. The rooms are not &quot;luxurious&quot;, but upscale and comfortable, and artfully arranged rather than &quot;hotel-style&quot;. The food also gets rave reviews.<BR><BR>One other place you may want to check out, but it is very pricey, is Pink Sands. It is on the South Shore as well, and beautiful. I believe they are condo units or suites, rather than just rooms.<BR><BR>Reefs runs specials now and then. If we went back, Reefs would be our choice.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Margo Nov 18th, 2002 07:59 PM

If you don't require accommodations on a par with the best in the US, more on a par with what you'll find in places like Key West (good but not great...emphasis on atmosphere more than anything else) then I think you'll be happy there.<BR>The setting is very nice and the island as a whole is simply delightful.

Susan Nov 19th, 2002 03:01 AM

You will love the Reefs and it is absolutely amazing. Charm and beauty abound and you will be more than happy with your room. You can't even compare it to accomodations in Key West! Disregard that comment completly!!!

nina Nov 19th, 2002 04:31 AM

I give the Reefs a big Thumbs up! The setting is spectacular, on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The view from the lobby and upper terrace is breathtaking. It's small and elegant, and I'd take it anyday over a Ritz Carlton. It's a very classy place. Also the resturant right down on the beach, Coconuts, is a great spot with delicious food, and very reasonable by Bermuda standards.<BR><BR>I can't imagine that you wouldn't love it.<BR><BR>

Adele Nov 19th, 2002 05:20 AM

Thank you all so much for your comments/suggestions re: The Reefs and other resorts. It sounds exactly what we are looking for. Beautiful views and small and intimate. Location sounds great. Will keep an eye out for those &quot;specials&quot;. What I liked about the Reefs on their web page was that it was on a cliff overlooking the ocean.<BR><BR>Thanks so much again! <BR><BR>