Reload this Page >

Questions about Barbados

Search

Questions about Barbados

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2001, 06:14 AM
April

Questions about Barbados

We are leaving for Barbados on June 1 and are staying at Bougainvillea Beach Resort. <BR>I am wondering if any of you could give us some restaurant reccommendations and tell us what some of the must-see things are on the island. Any tips will be much appreciated.

Old May 28th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Don

Vacationed at Bougainvilla in Feb. Didn't care for the hotel's restaurant. Food was ok, but service was poor. Best restaurants are in Lawrence Gap, a good walk or short taxi ride. Pisces is a must. Also liked Joseph's. A tour to the Atlantic side of the island is fun, otherwise, I enjoyed being on the beach every day. Enjoy your trip!

Old May 28th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Tracy

Just returned from Barbados last week. <BR>Pisces is definitely a must. Masquarade in the Gap also pretty good. Try the west coast for restaurants also, Olives or La Terra (but ask which one Larry the owner is cooking at that evening as other chef not too great. Carambola and The Cliff recommended by friends but expensive. West Coast only about 20 mins from South Coast. <BR>Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown in the marina is excellent for food also and has live Jazz band on Thurs evenings. Best to book early to secure a table outside (tel: 427-0093. Also Shak Shak pretty good, but you must eat in the rear restaurant. A great day out is on a catamaran which will take you out to swim with the turtles and snorkle - I tried Cool Runnings (Captain Chad good fun) from Bridgetown - great day out (tel: 436-0911), but you could also try, Tiami Cruises (tel: 430-0900). For a good night out you must go to Oistens on Friday night to sample local fish, drinking and dancing with the locals. Hope you have a great time.

Old May 28th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Karen

For "high end" dining either the Cliffs or Carambola is a must. We had a wonderful flying fish dinner at David's and he was a great host! He does have a web site but don't know the URL.

Old May 29th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Lois

We travel to Barbados frequently (15th trip coming up in October). We love Bougainvillea Beach - stayed there 3 times before - you will enjoy. Also agree their restaurant is not great (ok for breakfast or lunch tho). <BR> <BR>Masquerede's in St. Lawrence Gap is good (try the coconut shrimp); Bellini's ok as well (Italian). West Coast - best restaurants. Carambola & The Cliff are THE BEST - gourmet food and dramatic views. Fathoms is owned by same people as Carambola and a little more reasonably priced. La Terra or Olives -- same owner/chef - fantastic food. La Terra is more pricey tho. Baku Brassiere (downstairs from La Terra) has great food as well. On the south coast, Shak Shak with Chef Guy Beasley is fantastic. If you sit in the rear of the restaurant you can ask for waterfront seating. At lunch time, try Crane Beach for lunch/drinks. Gorgeous view of one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. <BR> <BR>Tours - see Flower Forest -- beautiful scenery. Welchman Hall Gully is a very unique walk; Harrison Caves has a tram ride into the caverns which are beautiful. Orchid Jungle is quite beautiful also. There are many great houses to tour. <BR> <BR>For catamaran cruises, the Tiami has a nice all-day tour with lunch included, snorkling and swimming also. <BR> <BR>It's a great island and you should enjoy. I'd be glad to answer more specific questions if you write me directly at my e-mail address. Lois

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Angela

The Cliff is undoubtedly THE BEST restaurant on the whole island - but you do pay for the experience! Well worth it though.