Bermuda Questions... Visit in Dec 2016...

Nov 14th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Bermuda Questions... Visit in Dec 2016...

hi all,

before i book my tickets to bermuda, I had a few questions. Will appreciate your inputs/ feedback. I am planning my visit first week of december 2016.. (2-5th mostly)

a. How is the sea water temperature? Is it still warm or you can feel it cold for snorkelling or other water sports?
b. What can one do in evenings (weekdays/ weekends)? I have heard roumors that activities stop after 5... all day / everyday. I hope I am wrong here
c. Is it advisable to get a car rental? or I can get public transportation to get to/ fro from airport... local movements... etc.

Thanks.
Nov 14th, 2016, 01:13 PM

Bermuda will be cool in December - historical statistics show:

Average Temperature - 66.2 F.
Average Daytime High - 71.0 F.
Average Low - 63.4 F.
Average Water Temperature - 67.5

Nighttime activities are pretty much like anywhere else - Restaurants for dinner, bars for drinks, some bars will have music or even live entertainment some nights.

You can't rent a car in Bermuda. Tourists can only rent scooters. Other transportation options include taxis, buses, limited ferries and walking. Buses work well during the day but depending on your location and destination you could have long waits for a bus. There are fewer buses at night and on weekends (some buses don't run on Sundays.

You can't use public transportation to get from airport to your hotel as baggage is not allowed on buses so only option is taxi. Go here for some general info on transportation: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/749134
Nov 15th, 2016, 09:01 AM

The off-season in Bermuda is very pleasant for walking on the rail trail, tennis, shopping, golf, etc. Not really beach weather. And remember the days are shorter. The island has an excellent transportation system (buses, ferries) or you could rent a scooter if you are comfortable wtih that approach. Best to take a taxi from the airport.

<>

I have no idea where you heard this. Restaurants, clubs are opened every night with the exception of Sunday which has some closings.
Nov 16th, 2016, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies. I will try to find a source where it says things become dead in evenings.