Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Bermuda for a honeymoon..where to stay? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/bermuda-for-a-honeymoon-where-to-stay-91219/)

Amy Oct 24th, 2000 04:30 AM

Bermuda for a honeymoon..where to stay?

My fiance and I have decided on Bermuda for our honeymoon in Oct 2001. We are having some trouble deciding where to stay!! We want resort like amenities but do not want the huge resort. We want someplace quiet and secluded but also close to town so that we can tour, shop and eat. We considered a bed and breakfast because we like that atmosphere. Any recommendations on where to stay that would offer reasonable seclusion and possibly jacuzzi amenities? <BR>Thanks!!

Parrot Mom Oct 24th, 2000 07:22 AM

Hi Amy.. the best place for info on Bermuda is the site of the Bermuda Obsessed People...they know EVERYTHING...and are willing to share it..including pictures.. <BR> <BR>/www.keyguide.com/cgi-local/index.cgi <BR> <BR>Can't think of a more romantic place than Bermuda... and there aren't any mega resorts..

Myra Oct 26th, 2000 04:20 AM

<BR>Amy, it's not beachfront, but definitely a fabulous place for a honeymoon ---- Harmony Club. Flowers, great food, very well kept, easy access to Hamilton, easy access to the beach. Also, consider the Stonington nearby. Overlooks the ocean, wonderful service & food, grounds not as upscale as Harmony. <BR> <BR>

diane Oct 27th, 2000 08:07 AM

We stayed at The Reefs in Bermuda, which was a small hotel with a very accomodating staff. Breakfast was included with the room. They have their own beach. We rented mopeds and went everywhere on the island.

jill Oct 29th, 2000 01:37 PM

Just got back from a second honeymoon in Bermuda. Stayed in the Pink Beach Club. It was wonderful. Ocean views, (in room massage), rent mopeds on site, great food, nice beach, swimming pool. <BR> <BR>Worth every penny

Rick Oct 30th, 2000 12:23 PM

Everyone, maybe a stupid question but, isn't it cool that time of year or just starting to get cool since it is lateral from the Carolinas I believe. <BR>

Ian Oct 30th, 2000 01:19 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Elbow Beach Hotel. That was two years ago and it has under gone many changes since, but the reasons we chose Elbow Beach remain. <BR>Its close to Hamilton where most all the shopping and restaurants are, and it is located on the best beach in Bermuda. Matter of fact, it is one of only two hotels that is located directly on a large, great quality beach that you can easily walk to from your room. Most of the hotel beaches are small, and do not look anything like what you would expect. While it may be one of the larger hotels in Bermuda, it is not, by any means, a large resort. You would be hard pressed to find a large resort in Bermuda. The hotel is also located along many of the main bus routes, and as I said before close to most of the restaurants and entertainment in Hamilton. Thats a big plus when you think about paying the expensive taxi fare to go out to eat, etc. One other point I would like to make is that many of the hotels in Bermuda are not very "modernized" or have that "new feeling". They are not, in my opinion, 5 star hotels. Maybe some of then are 4 stars at the very best, but of course, you will be paying 5 star+ prices.