Bermuda - Cup Match ??

Apr 10th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Bermuda - Cup Match ??

Unknowingly we booked Bermuda for the last weekend in July - from July 29th thru Aug 3 - I was reading the AAA guide and it listed national holidays for Bermuda - CUP MATCH Weekend was one listed and it just so happens to be the weekend that we booked a few months ago - they say that shops and eateries are closed - anyone know about this ? Its our first time there and we've been looking forward to this trip - HELP
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:14 AM

The 28th and 29th (Thurs & Friday) are holidays but everything should be back to normal on the Saturday and Sunday. Most shops and eateries will be closed when you arrive on the Friday. There will probably be a few eateries open in Hamilton and if your hotel has restaurants then I would imagine they would be open too. The hotel will probably have a good idea what is open when you arrive so ask them (or maybe call them in advance) or ask your taxi driver or anybody who looks like they might know - you'll find most people extremely willing to help you.

Cup Match is a major holiday weekend in Bermuda which means everybody will be out enjoying themselves on boats, at the beach etc. If you arrive early enough on the Friday, maybe you would be interested in going to watch the cricket match (the reason for the national holiday!) and sample the atmosphere.

I hope this has eased your worries and that a little inconvenience on your first day won't spoil your enjoyment of the Cup Match weather (usually one of the best weekends of the year) and the Cup Match atmosphere.
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Josephine - I was able to contact the Tourist Office there and they said the same thing.

Search this Thread