Bermuda 3 days in January

Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda 3 days in January

Friends running in Bermuda Challenge..will be by myself a lot and love to explore. enjoy local culture, art, music and hangouts.....suggestions?
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM

Walk the Bermuda Railway Trail
Visit at least one of the forts
Spend part of a day in St. Georges
Take the ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard
Visit the Arts Center
Walk the Botanical Gardens
Sit, relax, and look at the water. Bermuda is another world.
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. Eventhough I have traveled quite a bit it has been awhile and have forgotten the time needed to do real research. Thank you again .... Happy Holidays
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 08:31 AM

I am delighted to help. Txgirlinbda is a regular here and she will probably offer some suggestions, so be sure and check back. I just returned and miss it sooooo much, all I want to do is think Bermuda.

If you will be on a moped I recommend you rent from Elbow Beach Cycles (they will pick you up at your hotel). If not, buy a transportation pass at any post office, the main bus station or the main ferry docks. Easy to get around Bermuda, it isn't very big.

Have a great time! Happy holidays to you as well.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Art -there's usually something at City Hall - big white bldg next to the main bus terminal in Hamilton.
Music - if you're here over the weekends, try LV's Bar and Lounge on Bermudiana Road, they occasionally have piano players. Robin Hood Sports Bar has a casual jam session night on either Sat or Sun evenings as well.
Hangouts - if you're just looking for a place to grab a coffee and watch the world go by, Juice N'Beans on Front St is good.
Where are you staying? You can easily spend several hours wandering Dockyard or St. George's - be sure to take the ferry to Dockyard. Also, the pink route ferry is a cheap boat ride around the harbor - just tell them you're riding round-trip and get a nice look at the Harbor Road homes up close.
Please only rent a scooter if you're already comfortable on a motorbike. Bermuda is great for exploring, but it's not the place to learn to ride.