Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Beaches, Varadero - Info. needed (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/beaches-varadero-info-needed-43551/)

Irene May 5th, 1999 04:45 AM

Beaches, Varadero - Info. needed

<BR>Thinking about going to Beaches, Varadero early June. We have heard that it not quite up to par for a "Beaches". Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been recently to help us decide if we should go or not and what to expect. <BR>Thanks.

Rob May 10th, 1999 12:22 PM

Irene, we just returned on Sunday. Overall a good trip. Remember that Beaches Varadero is about half the price of the other locations so keep your expectations realistic. <BR>What's Good: <BR>Reflections Buffet <BR>Italian Resto. <BR>Fusion <BR>Pool <BR>Beach (really good) <BR>Lobby Bar (the best lime daquiris) <BR>Friendly Staff (they're trying hard) <BR>Comfy Beds <BR>What's OK? <BR>rooms <BR>Entertainment <BR>Activities <BR>What's not so good? <BR>Ranchon Buffet <BR>Disco <BR>All in all it's a pretty good value. The bugs seem to getting worked out with each day and we had a great time. If you have any specific questions drop me an email or leave another post. Cheers, Rob

Dawn May 11th, 1999 05:39 PM

JUST GOT BACK ON SUNDAY MAY 9 FROM BEACHES. HAD A GREAT TRIP. LOTS OF WATER ACTIVITIES TO DO ON THE BEACH , WATER SKI, BANANA BOAT , SEA KYACKS ,PEDAL BOATS AND SAIL BOATS. BEAUTIFUL BEACH. <BR>STEAK WAS EXCELLENT AT THE ARIZONA BAR FOR SUPPER ALSO SALMON WAS GOOD. POOL WAS WONDERFUL POOL VOLLEYBALL WAS REALLY FUN. ROOMS WERE NICE A LITTLE SLOW ON CHECK-IN. HAVE YOUR SWIM SUIT IN YOUR CARRY ON LUGGAGE. DISCO WAS A LITTLE QUIET WE HAD A GROUP OF 20 SO DID'NT HAVE TO WORRY TO MUCH. E-MAIL ME FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS <BR>DAWN

Dawn May 11th, 1999 05:40 PM

JUST GOT BACK ON SUNDAY MAY 9 FROM BEACHES. HAD A GREAT TRIP. LOTS OF WATER ACTIVITIES TO DO ON THE BEACH , WATER SKI, BANANA BOAT , SEA KYACKS ,PEDAL BOATS AND SAIL BOATS. BEAUTIFUL BEACH. <BR>STEAK WAS EXCELLENT AT THE ARIZONA BAR FOR SUPPER ALSO SALMON WAS GOOD. POOL WAS WONDERFUL POOL VOLLEYBALL WAS REALLY FUN. ROOMS WERE NICE A LITTLE SLOW ON CHECK-IN. HAVE YOUR SWIM SUIT IN YOUR CARRY ON LUGGAGE. DISCO WAS A LITTLE QUIET WE HAD A GROUP OF 20 SO DID'NT HAVE TO WORRY TO MUCH. E-MAIL ME FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS <BR>DAWN

Irene May 13th, 1999 01:32 PM

Thank you Dawn and Rob. Rob, I don't understand when you say Beaches is half as much as the other places (may be it is where you are from). From Canada it is a little more expensive than the other properties. I think we now feel more comfortable about chooing Beaches, Varadero (if it is still available). <BR> <BR>

Irene May 13th, 1999 02:22 PM

Sorry Rob, I misread your statement and now understand what you meant when you said Beaches Varadero is cheaper than the other Beaches property--my husband cleared that up!!

Toby Aug 10th, 2000 09:04 PM

Irene/Husband: <BR> <BR>Please explain what Rob means by "Beaches is half the price of some of the other resorts". I still don't understand? <BR>

karen Aug 23rd, 2000 03:44 AM

"Beaches" (the chain of hotels name) Resorts in Cuba are cheaper than other Beaches Resorts in the Caribbean.