Reload this Page >

beaches turks and caicos

Search

beaches turks and caicos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:44 PM
marty

beaches turks and caicos

Would anyone know if there is a laundry facility at Beaches in the Turks and Caicos..also, is there a gym ? thank you for any input.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Judy

Yes Beaches Turks & Caicos have both a fitness center and a laundry facility. You are going to love this resort. Have a great time!<BR><BR>Judy Schuh <BR>Door To Door Travel

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
whata

Hi Judy<BR>What's your opinion?<BR>Beaches T&C or Atlantis, Paradise Island? Kids are active teens who can really chow down.<BR>Everybody: If you could only choose one, what would you pick and why?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:33 PM
marsha

I WOULD PICK BEACHES T&C. IT IS WONDERFUL, THE BEACHES ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES I HAVE EVER SAW. THERE IS NOT ALOT TO DO, MAINLY JUST BEACH TYPE ACTIVITIES. RENT A JEEP AND DRIVE AROUND THE ISLAND THAT IS A FUN DAY. KIDS WILL LOVE THE FOOD POOL BEACH AND ALSO THERE IS A CONCH FARM WHICH IS KIND OF INTERESTING,SNORKLING IS EXCELLENT. I CAN T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT WELL WORTH THE MONEY. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LARGER OCEAN FRONT ROOMS AT BEACHES THE OTHER ROOMS ARE PRETTY STANDARD HOTEL LIKE ROOMS WITH TWO DOUBLE BEDS. BUT YOUR REALLY NOT IN YOUR ROOM THAT MUCH. HAVE FUN IT IS WONDERFUL!!!

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Antoinette

Before you book Beaches I STRONGLY suggest you check out the Rants and Raves section of the Fodors forums. Pay close attention to the recent postings. I sure wish I had. Beaches is NOT worth the money. On a Fodors scale of 1 to 5 I'd give this place a 2.9.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Sue

Beaches T&C IS worth the money - one of the best vacations we have ever had. Take a day sail one day, take the conch farm tour (doesn't look like much when you first drive up, but very interesting), be sure to see "the hole" where locals dive, and the scenery on the other side of town is beautiful. At Beaches, they have an abundance of dining areas so that you are never bored with the same food. AI are not our thing, but we thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:57 AM
Alan

RE: ANTOINETTE VS. SUE<BR>Deciding whether the resort is worth the money depends on how much money you spent. I suspect Antoinette went in high season, Sue didn't. In high season (Jan - April) Beaches charges 5-star prices (around $7000 for a family of 4 in a double room, including airfare) Problem is Beaches is, at best, a 3 star hotel. If you're paying $2500 for your family of 4, it is well worth the money. But whata, to answer your question, Beaches is a Holiday Inn serving high school cafeteria quality food on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, with lots of activities for kids, expecially older kids. Weigh that versus what they are charging you when you compare Beaches to Atlantis.