Beaches or Wyndham Rose Hall

Old Feb 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches or Wyndham Rose Hall

We are planning a vacation with our 2 yr. old and our 8 yr. old. We are considering Atlantis, Beaches, or Wyndham Rose Hall. Beaches seems more convenient w/ 2y.o., but it is $900 higher than Wyndham and just wanted to make sure it was worth the price increase. As a couple we have always loved SuperClubs and Sandals resorts and would like to do something similar w/ our kids. Which Beaches is better, Sandy Bay or Boscobel?
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM
cdt

If "Beaches Sandy Bay" is the one in the Negril area, you will get a much better beach (and better swimming conditions) than at the Wyndham or Boscobel.

Beaches is pricey for my taste but they have lots of activities for kids.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

I have heard that at Wyndham that even w/ the all-inclusive option they hound you to death for tips. Anyone know if this is true?
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM

We were at Beaches Negril in May. It is different from Sandy Bay & Boscobel. You have privileges at Sandy Bay but we never went. For younger kids, Beaches Negril would be fun. They have now opened the waterpark & have teamed with Sesame Street so there are many fun kids activities. We saw the kids camp group on the beach playing & they seemed to have fun. There is also a night time fashion show where some of the kids model clothes from the resort shop. It was cute. They also have a game show where older kids (maybe your 8 yr old) paired with their parent & played. If your 8 yr old is into video games they also have a video game arcade in the kids area.

As for tipping, it is stressed that you not tip at Beaches. We took along some small gifts & left it for the staff as a thank you. The attitude of everyone there was great. Our kids were older (17 & 23) but they enjoyed the beach. Snorkling is only for kids over 6 though. You could take both kids in the boat & let the older one snorkel while one of you stays with the younger or arrange to go on a glass bottom boat where the younger could see the fish too.

As for price, I found a site that gives you 2% rebate on the cost of your trip if you access the Beaches site through them. I have used this site for years on other online purchases & didn't even think to look there before our trip. I was sick to learn I could have gotten 2% of our vacation price rebated. You can email me at [email protected] to get the site info if you'd like. I also have the pictures of Beaches & Negril from our trip posted at http://www.tropictravelonline.com/cg...ategory=100562

Beaches is expensive but for a family with young kids it is a nice place to relax. Have fun whatever you decide.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM

Elovell-

I am not sure if you read my post in another thread or not, re: Wyndham, but yes, I was there a couple of weeks ago, and I felt hounded for tips. It was very unfortunate, because there were several employees who were genuinenly nice, attentive, and deserved to be tipped!!! We stayed for 7 days, so we usually tried to get the same waiter/waitress whenever we wantd to eat so we could tip them. We had friends who stayed at Beaches and the Ritz and they had the no tipping policy. Aside from the tipping etc, I thought their beach was average and didn't have as many activities (for kids or adults). It really depends on how long you plan on staying.