Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Beaches All Inclusive Resort: Turks & Caicos...Reviews & Opinions Please! (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/beaches-all-inclusive-resort-turks-and-caicos-reviews-and-opinions-please-944021/)

jerseygrl Jul 23rd, 2012 04:12 PM

Beaches All Inclusive Resort: Turks & Caicos...Reviews & Opinions Please!

Hi All! I am continuing to do research on a March Caribbean vacation. We are still looking into the Ritz Grand Cayman & St Thomas. (we can use pts) I am also looking into the Seven Stars resort in Turks & Caicos.

I wanted to ask opinions and reviews of the beaches Resort in Turks. My family traveled to the Atlantis resort in bahamas for MANY years and we are looking for another island. We have never stayed at an all inclusive, however we have done two cruises so understand what it is about.

Would you recommend a family without young kids to stay at Beaches? After checking it out online a bit, I was drawn to the amount of activities, water sports, restaurants, shopping, spa, bars, pools & slides that you can find at Beaches. And if it isn't a bad idea to stay at Beaches, which one of the three areas should we stay at?

Thanks for the help!

virginia Jul 24th, 2012 03:15 AM

no! beaches is designed for families with small kids. otoh provo is my personal favorite island & it has lots of wonderful resorts. blamona would give best info on which hotel will suit your interests & budget.

st. thomas ritz is a stunning property, with good beach, good view of st. john & other small islands, has own catamaran, nice infinity pool. is near red hook for easy day trips to st. john, near where all the excursions to bvi's to snorkel go from, near coralworldvi.com - a fantastic place for kids of all ages. many ppl do not like st. thomas because it's busy, but once you're at the ritz you'll never even think about the busy sections of the island.

another option http://occidentalhotels.com/grand/Xcaret.asp
on the maya riviera, the hotel is connected to xcaret water park. similiar to atlantis but with a more eco friendly atmosphere. the hotel is fairly high end & all inclusive. in addition to the park are many nearby activities: mayan ruins to explore, atv jungle rides, horseback on the beach, ziplines, duty free shopping in nearby playa del carmen, cenotes to explore, etc.

jerseygrl Jul 24th, 2012 05:33 AM

Virginia: Thank you so much for your reply! I think I will forget about Beaches for now until we have children to take with us! I forgot to mention I am also looking into the Grand Cayman Ritz as well. Not sure if you know anything about that resort? Touristy hotels and islands do not really scare us off as we are use to the Atlantis. From researching the Ritz at St Thomas I liked the option of being able to visit the other islands. I also liked the Grand Cayman Ritz after reading about it. I have been to Grand Turk as a stop from a cruise and fell in love with the water. My family is coming from NJ so we prefer to have a nonstop flight to an island. Thanks so much for your help!

blamona Jul 24th, 2012 12:39 PM

While TCI doesn't have a ritz, it does have some properties that I would consider equal. The water on Provo is even prettier, and beach better at Provo than grand Turk!

Check out

Seven Stars (my favorite Ritz type, gorgeous rooms, gorgeous deck bar)
Grace Bay Club
Somerset (prettiest at hither)

If you loved the water at GT, you'll be blown away by Grace Bay!

If you're stuck on AI, you might want to check out Veranda, like a ritz only AI. But still venture out as Provo has some the best restaurants in the Caribbean with stunning settings

jerseygrl Jul 24th, 2012 05:48 PM

Blamona: Thanks so much for your help! I have had my eye on Seven Stars and feel it truly has most of what my family and I would be looking for. I will look into the other two as well. Out of the three, which do you prefer?

blamona Jul 25th, 2012 05:00 AM

I love all 3, but lately Seven Stars is fast becoming my favorite. For me it's the one that comes closest to a Ritz, and in the middle of the hub. The rooms are outstandingly gorgeous, and the Deck on the beach dunes has the best atmosphere with live music mist nights, and beach BBQs on Sunday's.

I meant to type Somerset has the best architecture on the island, ahh my iPad!

Check out both and see which one you like the best.

For Seven Stars, "like" their page on Facebook, they've had some amazing specials lately, including for peak season. Call them directly and tell them about the Facebook specials, see if they can offer you something. Ask for Yngrit.

Fr Somerset, email ascent destinations.com. They can offer specials and promotions for them.

jerseygrl Jul 25th, 2012 12:48 PM

Blamona: Thank you so much for being so helpful! I have one other question for you just to add to the mix. How do Seven Stars and The Regent compare? Which one do you prefer?

blamona Jul 25th, 2012 04:34 PM

Both are gorgeous.
Regent Palms is upscale "family friendly" popular with kids. It's a dress up and be seen kind of crowd. Beautiful grounds and rooms.

Seven Stars feels more like a ritz. Again the deck there is the best on island.