St. John - Villa rental in Chocolate Hole or Klein Bay area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've narrowed down our villa choices a bit - prefer to be within walking distance of a beach and most of our options are either near Chocolate Hole area or Klein Bay. In terms of views, beach area, snorkeling, etc. are we on the right track? I know we'll explore other beaches most days, but we'd still like to be able to walk down occasionally to one located near our villa. Any ideas?
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 07:51 AM

These two areas are near each other on the south side of the island. There are beautiful views, beach areas and snorkeling every part of the shoreline in St. John. It really depends on the villa and whether you want other conveniences like being closer to Cruz Bay or Coral Bay. I can't think of any small villas on Klein, but there is a fantastic 2 bedroom on Chocolate Hole harbor called "La Miramar" check it out on Caribbeanvilla.com
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 09:18 PM

There are very few options on St. John for a villa within walking distance of a beach. We stayed at LaEncantada in the Chocolate Hole area. You could get down to the "beach" but it was nothing compared to most of the other beaches on the island.

I saw two that might work for you:
Estate Zootenvaal
http://www.usviguide.com/zootenvaal/

or Gibney Beach Cottages
http://www.villascaribe.com/Content/...t-25-1-356.htm

As I recall, Estate Zootenvaal is closer to Cruz Bay and shopping.

Good luck in your search. You will know in your heart when you have chosen just the right thing for you.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 09:20 PM

On second thought, Estate Zootenvaal is not near Cruz Bay, but is located in the Coral Bay area, the "quieter" side of St. John.
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at them. I think we prefer to be near Cruz Bay for our first St. John visit. La Encantada is definitely on our short list. I like the location and it has AC throughout which might be useful since we're traveling in June. I'm also very interested in Latitude, Belle Mer, and Morningside (all in Klein Bay). Lastly, Miles Away (Point Rendezvous) is a new 2 BR property that seems really nice and it's close to Cruz Bay. Anyone have experience at any of these villas?
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 04:14 AM

Ninja

Someone inquired about Latitude on USVI On-line. There seems to be construction nearby:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cgi...rticle+19032.4
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Wow, thanks for that heads up. Guess we can cross that one off the list. That's too bad, it looked like a gorgeous villa.