Beach & Water: Cap vs. Peter Island

Old Jul 6th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beach & Water: Cap vs. Peter Island

After a recent disappointing trip, the Diva thought she should inquire to those who have been to either resort regarding the beaches/water at Cap Juluca and Peter Island. The Diva had grown accustomed to the soft white sand beaches, crystal clear water and soft sand ocean floors of the Turks and Caicos. Unfortunately, the Diva just experienced the rocky and corally ocean floors at another resort where aqua-socks were required and she never wants to go to another place where aqua socks are required!! Please respond with your perspectives on the water and beaches at Cap and PI. Thanks.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Tell the Diva that she need not worry. She will definately not hit a high note (on the beach anyway) with this soft sand. Aqua Socks are not necessary.. Just returned from Cap Juluca in May of this year, and was not disappointed. Everything was perfect.Water clarity is excellent.
Just as lovely as the pictures. Do not waste your money on the Executive water shuttle. The regular Cap Juluca shuttle is just fine. Have fun
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 05:04 AM

Cap Julucas beach is comparable to Provo. (Turks and Caicos) All of Anguilla's beaches are on par with Provo. I understand what you look for in a beach, because I look for the same thing!
Peter Island's beach is very scenic, lots of palm trees, BUT if you are looking for a beach like Provo, Anguilla comes the closest! (There are some in the Out Islands of Bahamas that come close too! check out Harbour island, and the Exumas.)
And you expand to the rest of the world, Maldives are picture postcard perfect!
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 06:23 AM

Hi Diva,
Have been to CJ,PI and Provo(altho it was Grace Bay and not Parrot Cay), no need for the foot protection at either resorts you mention. CJ water, sand softness, entry to water is supreme! In my opinion, I hold the bar to CJ beach. I felt is was a tad better than Grace bay, as there is some very fine coral on the entry at Grace Bay, alto not very bad. I felt all beaches on our trips to Anguilla were what I want in a beach, and Maundrys is just so exceptional IMHO.
Peter Island is a great resort/beach also.
You are right, the fun of planning and reasearching is really a fun adventure in itself! Carol
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 07:01 AM

Perfect beach, sand, water are also to be found at Caneel Bay. Seven beaches on a beautiful sprawling lush property.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Would love to know if there are any resorts of the quality of CJ and PI, and where the beach is as good as the Anguilla and T&C beaches--AND where the snorkeling is terrific. We love Caneel because the snorkeling is very good and the beaches are fine-- vistas/views very very handsome-- but the sand isn't the quality of Provo. Am I correct that the snorkeling is virtually non-existent on Anguilla? Where in the Bahamas is the off-beach snorkeling most terrific? Are there any great resorts there? Thanks-- and apologies to Diva for jumping in with my own questions. Again: Caneel is very fine in so many ways-- but the sand isn't that real soft white that you're talking about.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all! Cap Juluca it is this time! Appreciate all the feedback. The other suggestions such as Maldives and Exumas are on the list for next year's adventures.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Hi Diva,
Ohhh, I am envious!! And so happy for you! You will not be disappointed in the sand, water, or food. When do you go?
Carol
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 08:22 AM

PsychedDiva; With Great Exuma on your future list you may want to look at others near there (one just East is on the tip of my tongue)if you love snorkeling. we loved the Four Seasons but looked and looked and only found marginal snorkeling.