Notices

Barbados - Turtle swim or snorkel?

Aug 11th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Barbados - Turtle swim or snorkel?

Hello,

We will be stopping here on a cruise in Bridgetown.

My toddlers are obsessed with Turtles and on another board they mentioned that it would be way too dangerous to take them out via boat to swim.

Are there any alternatives to see turtles here? A shallow swim? a glass bottom boat?

Thanks
Sep 5th, 2015, 05:17 AM

Hello,

There are several glass bottom boat tours you can choose from in Barbados. I'm not sure how many facilitate toddlers however West water Adventures Barbados is one that takes a cruise along the west coast and takes out families and young children on a glass bottom boat. Google Westwater Adventures Barbados. Perhaps you can contact them to see if they can assist.

The Catamaran swimming with the turtles/ snorkelling cruises are fun but not toddler friendly.
Most of the fulfilling turtle sightings happen on the west coast so any tour your organise make sure they sail in that direction.

I hope this helps and is not to late.

Happy travels
Sep 14th, 2015, 07:47 AM

What ages are swimming with the turtles good for? my kids are 5 and 7. My hubby and I did the excursion before kids, and I remember thinking kids of that age would be able to participate. Does anyone know the costs, roughly? Thanks!

Search this Thread