Notices

Barbados Hotels

May 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM
erp
Original Poster

Barbados Hotels

Hi All:
My husband and I are going to Barbados in early July for 5 nights. We have reservations at the Hilton Barbados. Reviews seem favorable. While I know the hotel itself may not have a Caribbean flair, we feel comfortable here...it is a Hilton, we know what to expect etc. Friends have recently suggested staying at Bougainvillea. I've read some reviews....here is my concern. It seems like it is a timeshare/condo vs. a hotel. I want to be sure the room has some basics; air conditioning that works, comfy beds, big bathroom, daily maid service, working tv, beach-side service etc. Both resorts seem to be on beautiful beaches and have restaurants so I'm not too concerned with that. Does anyone have an opinion on these resorts?

These are pretty much the 2 resorts we are looking at. We don't want an AI.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks so much.
May 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Erp - As I stated previously, we stay at the Hilton when we are in Barbados. There is not one bad thing I can say about this place, except we have them put a cover on the mattress for us as we find the beds a little hard. For some reason there are hard beds in a number of Barbados hotels. Very nice rooms and bathrooms that are a nice size. You control the temperature in the room. Nice TV's. The place is kept very clean. The bar/grill is right next to the pool. The beach is a very large one - the biggest we've ever stayed at. We've always eaten breakfast there, some lunches and only one dinner as there are so many great places to eat.
This hotel has a solid structure and what's totally remarkable about it is that it's hurricane proof - even though they are essentially out of the hurricane area. It just shows good planning when they designed the hotel.
BTW, I did answer you on the other thread about restaurants in case you didn't see it. Have fun and enjoy!
May 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
erp
Original Poster

Knowing -- yes I did receive your info on the restaurants and it was so helpful. Much appreciated. I also took your advice and started this thread. It doesn't sound like you can make a bad choice in Barbados.
May 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM

You won't be disappointed with the Hilton. Great beach, several on site restaurants and you know what you're getting. Bougainvillea is nice too but I believe only 2 restaurants, the swimming is not as good though the beach is nice and there's not as much to do on site.

Search this Thread