Barbados hotel rate clarification

Jan 29th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Barbados hotel rate clarification

Desire to celebrate 25 years of marriage July 2015 in Barbados and considered the Hilton but confused on pricing. Is it true that if the room rated quoted on their site will double when I arrive? It stated $1 and $2Bar. I called but eiither I have bad understanding or it wasnt explained properly. I was transferred 4 times and finally a lady said double the rate you see online. Any info will be helpful. Thanks
Jan 29th, 2015, 06:13 AM

If you are booking on Hilton.com, you'll book and pay for your room in US dollars. The web site will indicate what currency the rate is being quoted in (USD or BD$), and since the exchange rate is set and doesn't fluctuate, you will be charged whatever rate you booked at, regardless of whether an exchange-rate calculation is done. If your room costs US$200, then you will either pay US$200 or BD$400, but the value of that room doesn't change. You're still paying US$200 or the equivalent amount in BD$. See what I mean?

But an advantage of paying for your room in advance is that you will be chargec in US$ in the US. If you pay for your room upon check-out in Barbados, you'll ordinarily be charged a foreign exchange fee because the transaction is done overseas.

You'll usually get a better rate if you buy an air/hotel package in advance as well.
Jan 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Douglas,

Thank you so very much for the information
Jan 29th, 2015, 03:41 PM

I do see some good packages including the Hilton in Barbados. If you're not using miles, I'd look at those before making a final booking. I think you'll save some money.

Search this Thread