We are looking to spend a bout a week in Barbados in Dec (before Christmas). We chose Barbados because it seemed the only Island with decent swimming beaches that was not impacted by the recent hurricanes. We are primarily interested to have beautiful soft sand and calm beach for my son to enjoy (last year Turks and Caicos was good, though not a lot to do or see beyond fabulous beaches - very flat). All our other choices are impacted by Irma in one way or another. So if we are missing anything, let us know.
But sticking with Barbados, we are looking at south and western (Caribbean) sides, as the east sides is more for surfers and has big waves. Have a tentative reservation at the Fairmount Royal Pavilion, though the beach and hotel seem ok but not very exciting (like having also a large pool with swim up snack bar, etc.). I don't like all-inclusive and noisy, big places (the Palms at Caicos was perfect in that sense, though service was mediocre). I like to have ocean-front rooms (Fairmont affords that with their junior suites, though there are small for three of us- my son is an adult).
Any suggestions Are The House by Elegant Hotels or Sandpiper worth considering?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance. I always get thoughtful insights from Fodor travelers.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 강원랜드카지노 ⊙접속 : 【_qyd55.com_】♧
- 2 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 3 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not