Bahamas Trivial Pursuit Question No.7

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 05:46 PM
Robert

Bahamas Trivial Pursuit Question No.7

I bet some of the visitors to Nassau/Paradise Island had called upon this place in the middle of the night from their hotel, when the munchies hit. They'll bring something to your room that's less expensive than a restaurant. It comes within 30 minutes of your call. The dough it's made from is tastier than that made in its chain stores in the states. Their delivery truck helps tourists out, too. When Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, two American tourists were stranded outside the Holiday Inn, unable to catch a cab, the delivery truck picked them up and delivered both to a rendevouz they were late for. The driver refused a tip from them! Here's da questions:
(1) Name the formal name of the business?
(2) What is the food product they'll deliver to your hotel room 24 hrs./day?
(3) Why is the dough much better in the Nassau/Paradise Island chains than the franchises in the U.S.?

The winner will get the phone number of this business to call and order...once in Nassau. Mr. xxxx from the previous message may be bored again, but, of course, he/she will probably never go to Nassau, any how, and would be bored there, too. Robert.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 08:55 PM
tweedy

Geez, you are making these easier and easier.
It's Domino's of course and they bring Pizzsa. There is one on Cable Beach and I think another downtown.

The crust is better probably because it is at ocean level and the quality of the water is different. Is that close?
Probably has something to do with the yeast rising.

Better yet there is a great "local" take away we found downtown, across from the British Colonial that is open very late and has great conch fritters.
I would take conch fritters any day over pizza.

Goombay,

tweedy

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 03:46 AM
Robert

Tweedy....You are RIGHT! Yeah, for Bahama regs some are easy questions, but the purpose of this is for the entire audience, including those who may be visiting for the first time, and who need some neat tips. You're reply accomplished that goal. I ate at the place across from the old "BC," called the Conch_______(somethng), and the meals are good. Gettin' back to the trivia question, Dominos Pizza in Nassau(several locations) according to the owner, has better dough simply because Dominos in the U.S. has dough made far away and shipped via truck to each franchise. On New Providence, they make it in-house, fresh and only hours old when its delivered to your hotel room. Robert

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:39 AM
tweedy

Robert thanks for the "award", lol. Been going to the Bahamas for a long time.

Conch Fritters is the restaurant you are talking about which is the same owner as Johnny Canoe's at the Nassau Beach Hotel.

Actually the "take away" place I am talking about is much smaller and just a take out. The best fast food around and a half block from Conch Fritters.

tweedy

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 01:56 PM
Robert

Tweedy; I saw your posts about Harbour Island in North Eleuthera. My wife loves horses(we have two). I saw a bit about HI on the E channel. Do horsers run wild there? Can you rent horses to ride around the island by yourself? Is there a nice place, not too expensive, to stay with a beach on the property? Is it worth renting a car to island explore? How big is Harbour Island? Please advise and thanks. Robert

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 09:08 PM
tweedy

Robert Harbour Island is really tiny half a mile wide by 3 miles long and mostly residential, so no place for horses to run wild, too small, you are thinking of the outer banks of N CArolina I think.

Yes there are horses on island that can be "borrowed" for an afternoon at a minimal cost and I have seen riders on the beach. No where really to ride them, no trails.

There are several nice places to stay that won't break the bank and a couple of B&Bs very well priced.

If you go to the www.briland.com site or the www.where2stay.com site and look up information on hotels on the island you will find pictures and rates for high and low season. We usually go in the late summer or early fall, and hope to make it down in the next couple of months.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

tweedy

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 03:50 PM
Robert

Thanks, Tweedy; your input was a big help. Robert