Notices

Bahamas best bet?

Jun 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Bahamas best bet?

My husband and I have narrowed down a trip to the Bahamas for our 5 year anniversary. We chose the Bahamas not because its our first choice but because 1) Its easier to get to from Cleveland (we'll be leaving our children with the grandparents and want an "easy" destination point) and 2) my husband wants the crystal clear beach experience that is caribbean-esque.

I'm going cross-eyed trying to pick a location in the Bahamas that would fit our interests. Here's what we like:

-Meal packages available
-Non-touristy area
-Historic areas
-Encounters with another culture
-Activities (kayaking, snorkle, snuba, cultural/nature tours, hiking, exploring)
-the option to relax (we're not really lay-around-the-beach type people, but would do so for maybe half hour-hour a day)
-spa services available
-semi-luxury accomodations

I REALLY think that St. Lucia would have been a better fit for us, but travel back to Cleveland takes two days and we're not willing to spend the overnight in Miami. We visited Costa Rica for our honeymoon and it was really perfect for us...I just wish I could find a perfect fit with a caribean vibe closer to home. Oh, and we're not willing to go to Mexico, Jamaica, Peurto Rico or the Domican Republic.

Any ideas about which island would be best and/or resorts?

Thanks!
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Oh, and I also have to mention that we want a stellar, beachfront location. My husband loves the water and wants easy easy access.
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
KVR

Where in the Bahamas? From your criteria, I would go with Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau or Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma. I can't think of any hotels that offer a 'meal plan'. It's either all inclusive or not.

Have you considered Turks and Caicos? Not that much farther than the Bahamas. Grace Bay Beach is fabulous. Not sure any hotels with a meal plan except the Veranda has an all inclusive option if it's in your budget. You'll definatly need to rent a car there to get to everything the Island has to offer and to the restaurants.

Search this Thread