Bahamas at Thanksgiving???

Jul 19th, 2002, 08:26 AM
mtwheels

Bahamas at Thanksgiving???

My wife and I are thinking of taking a trip to the bahamas in late November. What can we expect the temp/weather to be like? I am also wondering if we should pick a resort and buy our meals out or go for an all inclusive deal? is dining out in the bahamas expensive? $40/couple? or $100/ couple for a nice dinner? Thanks!

Jul 19th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Nancy

Hello,
I'd go farther South than that if I were you.
We went over Thanksgiving about five years ago, and it was cold (60-65) for 2 of the 4 days we were there. We had to buy sweatshirts because we had brought nothing warm. We went diving with pretty thick suits on and were still cold.
DO NOT go AI. There are a lot of nice restaurants to be found. You can go local (Fatman's Nephew)for $40 or upscale (Luciano's) for $100.

Jul 19th, 2002, 11:01 AM
mtwheels

Thanks... What would be the latest time in the fall to go and still catch good weather?

Jul 19th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Scubagirl

Although June thru the end of November is technically hurricane season, the weather is usually quite nice. Generally, the High's are around 82 - the low's 69. Water temp is 79 degrees.

In the evening I usually wear a guazy long sleeve blouse or some other light cover up.

I've spent many Thanksgivings in Nassau, and rarely have bad weather.

As for dining. I'm not fond of All inclusives. Dining in general is expensive, around $80/$100 couple with wine and a drink. This can go way up depending on your choice of restaurant.
But there are loads of alternative moderately priced places if you do your homework and leave the resorts.