Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Back from Half Moon in Jamaica- any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 08:57 PM
Lucy

I'm back from 6 days at Half Moon. The property is beyond gorgeous, the prices are outrageously expensive, the food is outstanding, the rooms are perfect,the service is friendly and helpful. However, it rained the entire time I was there. I hear it was a fluke, but quite an expensive one. Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Mare

Sorry about the rain! That happened to us in Cancun one year! I would like to know all about your trip as we have just decided to maybe go there in Nov. After 3 years on Grand Cayman we are ready for a new location. Did you also spend time off the property? if so, what did you do? We will be taking our 14 yr old son with us, were there kids around? Thanks for any info in advance and may your next vacation be nothing but blue skies!!!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Babs

Did you golf at the Half Moon course? If so, how was it? If not, any trips that are a must do? We're not staying at Half Moon. Do you know if we can still golf there? Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 04:31 AM
Barbara

We are going to Jamaica in April. We are very interested in staying at Half Moon or at Grand Lido Sans Souci. We want golf, beaches, and fine dining. What can you tell us? Thanks for you help.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Mare

Lucy? Are you still with us? I thought you would be available to answer questions! We booked already and would like some advice! Thank You

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Lucy

Hi all! Sorry about the delay, I didn't realize that the forum was working again. Well, we brought my 14 year old daughter along and 11 year old son. They had a great time, despite the rain, playing ping pong, pool, swimming in the pool in the rain, etc. However, a must do is to spend a day at Dunn's River Falls, we were unable to get there because the road was washed out in Montego Bay, however I hear it is to die for! However, the one time we did leave the property, we took the shuttle provided by Half Moon to an old plantation where we had a fabulous meal and also got a tour of the mansion. I'm quite sorry, my husband does not golf therefore I do not know much about the golf course. All in all the hotel was a delight. My family and I are very picky about food and we enjoy top-notch dining at home, we have found many times that resort food is mediocre, however we were pleasantly surprised. The food was fabulous at every meal and they always had a children's menu. The service could not have been better, the resort was swarming with staff, however breakfast was a bit hectic sometimes. The grounds are spectacular and the rooms could not have been more perfect for our family. If you have any specific questions please feel free to e-mail me or post a reply. Thank you, sorry for the delay.