Back from Aruba with a 6 month old...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from a week long stay at the Marriott with our 6 month old. Easier then I thought to travel with her and Marriott was very accomodating. This was our second time and we discovered some new things I will share.
Car - rented one this time and didn't need it. Used it twice other than going to and from the airport - would just take a cab next time.
Tuscany - Italian restaurant in the Marriott. Loved it last time and went there twice but was dissapoited this time. They changed the menu in mid October and it is primarily seafood and raised prices.
Mirandi - Loved it. Fantastic food and amazing setting. My husband and I ordered appetizer, meal and dessert and had no complaints. Highly reccommend this place.
Pelican's Nest - on the beach near the Holiday Inn. Low key, casual and good food.
Champions - went there a few times as we had our daughter and it is casaul. Always solid American food with good value.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Penguin
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:54 AM

Glad you had a good time. I think it's great that you travel with your little one. As a member whose extended family consists of a dozen kids, with some siblings who have not yet started their own families, I enjoy hearing about trip reports with kids.

How much baby paraphernalia did you take with you--diapers, food, car seat, etc? Did you find it was sufficient to the length of the stay? Did you purchase any while in Aruba? In what specific ways was the Marriott accommodating? Did you use any babysitting services, and if so, were they arranged through the hotel? A local service? Thanks!
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 02:43 PM

Did you take the baby to the restaurant, "Mirandi" and if not, how did you find the child care? Thanks. Threehearts
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Excellent you took your 6 month old, though too young to really know....however an impact thought some might not seem possible. Keep traveling with your kid, its the best gift you can give to a child. They grow up knowing the world around them personally and so much more relaxed. I traveled with my kids from small children, now they are adults....they love every minute from earliest memories and continue to enjoy travel themselves. Keep at it, enjoy.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, I am just replying now.
As for baby stuff we took her bigger stroller so she could sleep in it and a small bag of toys (at that age they don't need a ton) and a few bottles. A brought a few jars of food and enought diapers and formula for a couple days but Ling and Sons grocery had everything we needed from food, formula, diapers, etc. We also got a small inflateable baby raft with a sunshade that was invaluable.
The Marriott was great in terms of a standard sized crib, lots of kids around, the pool staff was very helpful in helping move umbrellas for shade. Didn't feel uncomfortable at all in there restaurants as there were a ton of kids and babies.
Marriott did have babysitters and we did see them around - they wear nametags saying babysitter. We didn't use one but a some people we met used one 4 times and thought she was great. We were there with some other family member so they watched our daughter however, you could have brought her to Mirandi especially if you go early. It is open air and right on the water so it is not super elegant or conservative.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:48 PM

I noticed your posting and our family is considering Aruba Marriott in the next coming months. I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old and I am glad to hear it was a nice place to stay...and kid friendly! I was wondering, however, what is the difference between all the Marriott's? Did you stay at the Ocean or Surf Club? What is the difference? Should I stay at one over the other?
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM
wow

For some reason, I thought Penquin stayed @ the Marriott Hotel, not the condos: Surf Club or Ocean Club....