Notices

Babymoon: Turks / Bahamas / USVI ?

Nov 2nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
gpr
Original Poster

Babymoon: Turks / Bahamas / USVI ?

Any suggestions on what island to visit for a quick babymoon (~1 week)? My husband and I (both early 30's, first pregnancy, no other kids) are trying to plan a vacation for December (time crunch) and neither of us has been to any of the islands in the Caribbean. I've been leaning toward T&C because I love the beach (used to live in Hawaii), yet from what I've been reading, I am worried we (especially my husband) may get bored if the beach is all that is offered. Does T&C (Grace Bay) have shopping/dining close enough to walk to? What else is there to do/see there? We like to snorkel, and prefer to stay on the beach without having to drive there. Obviously this vacation will be to relax (and escape the New England winter), so no need for nightlife or extreme excursions. Another reason T&C seems appealing is that there is a direct flight from Boston. We are just looking for a nice quiet place, preferably no loud partying and not a lot of kids running around (we will get to experience that soon enough). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Nov 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
WWK

There isn't that much to do in Provo, which is why I like it. Hardly any shopping, but excellent restaurants, some of the best in the Caribbean. Snorkeling is so-so, but the beach is spectacular.

Depending where you stay on Grace Bay, you can walk to some restaurants and the grocery store, but you'd be better off renting a car so that you have easy access to everything. Taxis are very expensive.

If you go over the holidays, you'll be sharing Grace Bay with tons of families, so if that's not you thing, try to go before Christmas or just after New Year's, when the kids are all back in school.

Without knowing your budget, it's hard to make recommendations, but we've stayed at West Bay Club and The Venetian, and loved them both. Going back for a fifth visit to Turks in January, and will stay at The Venetian once again!

Have fun!

Search this Thread