Search

Baby-Production Trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Mikey (Not The Life Cereal Guy)

Baby-Production Trip

The missus and me want to take a little jaunt in June to a relaxing place so that we might, um, potentially spawn. I think St. Barts is up my alley because I am a wanna-be euro-trash type. My wife just digs all things that hint at Provence, though neither of us have been to France. Regardless, I have about 6 k to blow and need expert guidance as to a relaxing place that is beach front, has a reinforced bed, and an endless supply of Veuve Cliquot. Also, what's the weather like in mid-June....should I just bypass the whole area for fear of hurricane? Are the locals snotty? Thanks a million.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:57 PM
sigmund

You may want to invest $1k of your money now. It'll help cover the cost of the therapy that I'm sure your child will need in about 18 years.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Anon

Yes, the locals are snotty, but somehow I think you'll fit right in.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 07:48 AM
carolina

classic post mikey! i too am going on a baby-making trip (we hope) in may... we're going to turks and caicos...just sun, beach, the room, great rum drinks all day and great dinners at night.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Brett

Try Ladera in St. Lucia for some good old fashioned bottom-knockin'. If you can't get it going at Ladera, you can't get it going anywhere.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Dr. Says 'No'!

Missus Mikey: If you are 'trying' to get pregnant you shd. not be drinking champagne & rum! C'mon! Alcohol can do serious neurological damage to a developing fetus. Wake up, guys!!!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 10:46 AM
dr. real world

Excessive Alcohol can do damage. An occassional drink is fine. Hard liquor, probably not but a glass of wine or beer, every once in awhile, will not harm a fetus.<BR><BR>The "no alcohol" rule is unfortunately needed for those who do not understand the term "in moderation." If you say alchohol is ok in moderation, some irresponsible person will drink a quart of Jack Daniels every day and then sue their Doctor when the child is impared.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Anon

Moderation or not, you drink, it goes straight to your baby. If you are a responsible enough adult to have a child you can lay off the booze for 9 months. Same with cigarettes and other drugs.<BR>Where'd you get your diploma...mailorder?

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:12 AM
what's the

I hear babies like it. Who wouldn't. I say go for it, Mike...and your wife too.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 10:34 PM
anon

I don't drink or smoke or do drugs.....but I sure do love my Rosey Palm

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:43 AM
tivertonhouse

Back to the point, without the endless moralistic envious sniping/lol:June will, ironically, NOT be fashionable season in St.Barts --plus, it's more Breton than Provence AND more Hamptons than either.... Still a department of France, the duties on your Veuve Cliquout will be rather excessive. On 6K for a Eurotrash blow-out that's exotic, sensual, testosterone and estrogen peak-leveled, the old DASHEEN on Ladera is a good choice, tho not French. Try MARTINIQUE (Habitation LeClerc) -- or Maruccia's Mandelli's place,K=CLUB on BARBUDA or Isabel Goldsmith's places on the west coast of Mexico. Top recommendation:Fly AIR FRANCE through Paris to Mahe in the Seychelles and then over to PRASLIN. It'll give you 'bragging rights' for decades; it's the most spectacular beach territory in the world;there are no americans, germans; more french and italians since the language is kreole french and the culture a mix of swahili,arab,indian,french,brit and malay. And the coco de mer there produces erotic blooms and nuts that will levitate your libido. The only snobbery is in renting out the Chauve de Souris on an islet across from Cote d'Or. Stay at L'ARCHITRAVE or another upscale beach place -- the standards are posh, the cuisine spectacular.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Yep

Huh, Tiverton you lost me. Take a chill pill and learn not to write in run on sentences.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
tivertonhouse

Travel advice for Yep:Myrtlebeach, S.C.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Yep

Been there, didn't like it. St. B is my style. Through reading your ramblings I would have to say that you have a need to impress....but while you're at it, have a point.....

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Ashley

This is the funniest, most ridiculous thread I've come across. Mikey- St. Barts will be perfect for your quest. My husband and I had the most sex that week there (on our honeymoon) than we have ever had since! Obviously, enjoy the island and experience some sights since you're there, as it's possible that the trip won't produce a baby...<BR><BR>This business about alcohol! No, it's not recommended that a woman trying to conceive should be boozing it up, but it's not likely to harm a "fetus" since the boozing will occur on, what, about Day 1 or maybe 5 of the pregnancy! <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Ellen

Dear Mikey:<BR>My husband & I were in St. Barts 12 years ago. Guess what? I got pregnant w/my 1st child on that trip after 10 years of marriage. I guess looking at topless and naked people all week upped our hormone levels and it just happened.<BR>About the drinking---let's face it---half the people on the face of this earth are here because their parents were smashed the night they were conceived.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Susan

Which proves the point! At least half the people on the planet are neurologically challenged!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 02:28 PM
pregs

Let's face it, most of our parents had a martini in one hand and a cigarette in the other all through their pregnancies. I am pregnant now and have had a couple of small glasses of wine after reading an article by a world famous ob/gyn (can't remember his name) who said a few glasses of wine would be harmless.<BR><BR>Have fun makin' babies!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:07 PM
cbush

This is a VERY funny string...finally,<BR>Ashley and a few others wrote something<BR>correct and true....having a few drinks<BR>on the night of conception (give or take<BR>a day or two) will not cause <BR>neurological impairment in a 1 - 2 day<BR>old fetus. Yeeesh people, ease up!<BR>Don't bash me for going outside of the<BR>caribbean, but I vote for a week in an<BR>over water bungalow on Bora Bora....just<BR>an innocent thought.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:47 PM
funky

Try Cap Juluca in Anguilla, Mikey. Indisputably one of the top 3 or 4 hotels in the Caribbean, on a spectacular beach with a gorgeous view of St. Martin, ultra-luxurious rooms (get a suite with your own pool), etc. The very definition of romantic, and expensive with a capital E. Anguilla's not a French island, but then again "French island" and "snobby" are merely different ways of saying the same thing. Especially if your Francais is weak, in which case you are considered a certified idiot and will be treated as such. Anguillians, on the other hand, are some of the friendliest folk anywhere, and it isn't that fake "Irie! Yah mon!" crap you get elsewhere. It's genuine. If you have a real jones for some French attitude, take a day trip over to St. Martin, shop for ritzy French stuff, then have dinner in Grand Case. Magnifique! In re: hurricanes, June is at the front end of the season, so the risk is pretty low. If it happens to rain a lot, ah well.... more time for....baby-making! Get yourself a big bottle of the local concoction called Sea Moss. It has legendary properties as an aphrodisiac. Not that you'll need such a thing. ;-) Besides, Cap seems to have that effect on people all by itself. Good luck with the conception, wherever and whenever it may take place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -