August Cap Juluca honeymoon questions

Old Jun 21st, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August Cap Juluca honeymoon questions

We have booked our honeymoon and are going to Cap Juluca from Aug 1-8. Thank you for the vast amounts of info on this forum that helped us to make the decision! I have some specific questions:
What is the dinner attire like at the island's restaurants, including the ones at Cap?

We are currently staying in a luxury room (RR pkg), and were considering attempting to request an upgrade to a junior suite. The main reason I'd like to do this is for the double tub/glass walled bathroom, but I wasn't sure if the luxury room already has this amenity. What exactly is the main differences in bathrooms between the two types of rooms?

Any other recommendations would be great.
Thanks!

Old Jun 21st, 2004, 05:17 AM

Cap Juluca and the island of Anguilla -
what a fantastic honeymoon.
Island attire is fairly casual, at the top spots its long pants, collared shirts for me, sundresses, linens, pants, etc. for woman. Beach coverups,
and casual attire for lunch at Georges.
Certainly not cruise ship attire!

Some of the luxury rooms have double tubs, glass walled bathrooms. Some of the interior (center rooms) do not have the glass walled area, although an center upstairs luxury room will give you a stairway to a private roof terrace(only one in each villa). Cap's rooms
are all great. Love that beach!
Restaurants are always a big choice,
as there are so many interesting ones!
I am sure you have read about many of them. Just make sure you go out of the hotel, and have fun exploring and dining!
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Penny, your posts have been most helpful. I have read a lot about which rooms are the best. Do you think requesting an upgrade to a junior suite is worth it (I know that an upgrade is not a guarentee). Most of the posts seem to say the difference isn't that much btw the luxury rooms and the junior suites.
Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:59 AM

It never hurts to ask for an upgrade. The luxury rooms are very nice, you will not be disappointed. I know CJ is a top hotel, and they will try to please. The hotel has a high occupancy
so upgrading is really not a common
occurance. As far as the difference,
its just about the extra seating sofa, and not all junior suites have glass
walled sunning areas. Relax, have fun, you cannot go wrong!
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 02:08 PM

Definitely request a room with the big tub and solarium. It's awesome and so romantic. We were booked in that type room the first night and then changed to the villa with private pool....now, talk about being spoiled!!!!
Happy honeymoon...you will love Anguilla.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks katiekate. We are looking forward to some pampering. Private pool villa, now we are talking. I can only imagine how incredible that was!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 06:51 PM

Cap Juluca is definitely a great place to stay. I heard it was just bought by Ritz Carlton and will undergo huge renovations even though it doesnt need them.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:15 AM

We are most likely going to book our honeymoon to Cap Jaluca for 5 nights. We figure we will eat at the hotel for lunch but go out for dinner. About how much did you spend on food and drinks?
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM

Cap Juluca was amazing... and my husband and I stayed in the cheapest room offered... I think it was called the Superior Room. It didn't have a bathtub... but had a really nice bathroom/shower. If you're looking for complete relaxation, this is the place. We had the continental breakfast every morning... outside overlooking the ocean... and had a casual lunch with some drinks at George's every day. As for dinners, Anguilla has some amazing restaurants. We ate at the hotel a few times... but there are some really good restaurants on the island. I'd definitely recommend Zara's-- amazing restaurant and fabulous Chef-- Shamash. I'd also recommend Blanchard's... great restaurant.