August Airline Fares To St. John's

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Emily

August Airline Fares To St. John's

My daughter and I were looking forward to a last minute trip to St. John's from Miami. Airfare looks as if it starts at $2500.oo - is the trip much cheaper if one plans well in advance? Any help would be much appreciated as I haven't seen the islands in over 20 years. <BR>Emily

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Julie

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but Travelocity's web site has August flights to Antigua for around $575 per person.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Karen

Maybe you made a typo? Just because I found your figure so out of line, I tried AA's site and came up with $1500 in buisness and $574.60 in coach between EWR and Antigua for early and later in August. AA vacations also has some great packages including air to the Caribbean now. Don't know what properties they have on Antigua but you should check it out.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:22 AM
MAX

DO you want to go to Antigua or St john in the USVI?? <BR>I just booked a trip to St John in the USVI 4 weeks before I went and paid $500 R/t. I looked at the fare a week before I left and it was $1000 R/T so yes you will pay more last minute but your $2500 per person sounds very high unless you are talking First class...

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Karen

Even to St. Thomas to get to St. John, that price is way out of line. Last minute buisness would probably run you that but coach is much less (but not as comfortable, for sure). Usually the fares 21 days and out are more reasonable but the Caribb has its own "pricing guidelines" and there are none!! LOL I checked one day and two days later the fare was almost half. It went back up within a few days! If you do have miles, you can purchase at a reduced price with the difference in miles also.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 10:39 AM
emily

Thanks everyone - I had delegated the ticketing to a generous family member, but I think I've got to do the research myself. <BR>Karen, your reply was very helpful and I will keep my eye on the rates to see if there are any fluctuations. <BR>Thanks again, <BR>Emily <BR>