Atlantis Submarine-Grand Cayman

Jun 27th, 2000, 10:06 AM
Marilyn

Atlantis Submarine-Grand Cayman

Planning a trip to Grand Cayman-is the Atlantis submarine tour a worthwhile adventure? Have Stingray City covered. Is there public transportation on Seven Mile Beach and is it timely and reliable?

Jun 27th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Sheila

I went to Cayman last Aug. and did the Atlantis submarine. It was cool because I had never done a submarine, and the operators point out alot of marine life (fish and vege). If you otherwise don't go underwater (dive or snorkel) I definately suggest it. It you are a moderate snorkel or have children I would definately suggest the Atlantis. It is a well-run operation and they reward each guest with a certificate after the trip. There really wasn't much public transportation that I was aware of as I stayed on the opposite side of Georgetown from 7-mile so I mostly relied on taxis for convenience.

Jun 29th, 2000, 12:47 PM
amy

I went to GC last November and went on the Atlantis. We went with my mom and it worked out well. My husband and I snorkel and they let you out for a half hour to snorkel while my Mom was able to sit inside and watch us and the fish.
As for public transportation we were there for 5 days and did not rent a car. There a little buses/vans that go up and down 7 mile beach which were able to grab pretty easily. We mostly ate around our resort (Hyatt) or took a cab or the bus.

Jun 30th, 2000, 04:02 PM
parrotfish

I've never done the Atlantis in GC but did one in St Thomas 10 years ago when there were only 2 in the Caribbean. That one was great then, and can only imagine GC is even better, since the snorkeling and scubadiving are better there too. It won't necessarily be cheap. I agree with Sheila - if you don't dive yourself, check it out with the sub.

Search this Thread