Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Atlantis Panic-Has anyone been in a room at the Comfort Suites?

Aug 26th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Beth

Why am I so indecisive? I've made my plans and now I'm second-guessing myself.
We have a reservation for two rooms at Comfort Suties, but they will not guarantee non-smoking rooms or that they are connecting rooms. Has anybody stayed here? Can you give me any info - good or bad?
I've now confirmed that the Royal Tower will let all four of us stay in one room. It would cost the same as our two rooms across the street. For those of you who have stayed in the basic Royal Tower room - is it large enough to be comfortable for two adults and two pre-teens?
Those of you who have stayed at Atlantis or Comfort Suites: Please offer some feedback and opinion! I really can't decide between the extra room space, or being in THE hotel close to the water slides and aquatic displays. Thanks in advance for any help!

Aug 26th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Kim

Stay at Atlantis!!!!!!

Aug 26th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Gail

I have always stayed at the Atlantis. I have heard good and bad about Comfort Suites. I just read a pretty bad trip report on Comfort Suites on
www.bahamas-mon.com You might want to check out that site. I stay in the Coral Towers, so I don't know how big the Royal Towers room would be. If you go on the Atlantis website you may be able to view one. Given a choice, I would stay right at the Atlantis. It's all right there for you. Your children will be able to wonder on their own.

Aug 27th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Beth

Thanks, Gail. The options are complicated by the fact that the Saturday we arrive, the Royal Tower is blocked out. So, we'd be one night in the Coral Tower, then moving to the Royal for 3 nights.
I read the reviews in Fodors Rant and Rave, and it seems that the Royal Towers has had a very difficult summer. According to those reports, we could spend two hours each checking in, out, and in again - we'd have a very grumpy family if switching rooms takes all day!
I understand that the Comfort Suites is just across the street from the Coral and Beach Towers, and actually closer than the Harborside Villas. My husband thinks we'd be better off with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; kids think the Atlantis rooms will be as fabulous as the lobby. I'm ready to ditch them all and go to San Francisco instead!

Aug 27th, 2001, 05:05 AM
Beth

Gail,
I can't seem to access www.bahamas-mon.com. I need an access code? Could you copy and paste the report here? Thanks for any help.
Beth

Aug 27th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Greg

Stay at Atlantis. Thestandard rooms in the Royel towers are average size and so are Coral towers. I would do the one night in Coral and then move to Royal.

Aug 27th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Dee

We stayed at Comfort Suites in April. Our friends stayed in the Coral Towers at Atlantis. A big difference in price, of course. Our room was bigger, had a fridge and was just as close to the activities at Atlantis that we all went to; it is literally across the street from Atlantis. Our room was nicer than the one at Coral Towers. We had one of the new rooms at CS and would recommend you try and get into the new side, as it is newer and much nicer. I would choose the CS over Atlantis for the price and extra space you will get.

Aug 27th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Gail

Beth,
I cut and pasted the trip report, but for some reason it's not on this site! Try going to bahamas-mon again. I couldn't get in earlier, but it's working now.

Aug 27th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Dee

I read the report at www.bahamas-mon.com and am looking forward to Jim's 2nd installment - sounds like his vacation improved after he was moved to a new room. We also had a glitch when we checked in - the phone did not work. We were initially checked in to an older room and it was definitely on the worn side. However, after my complaint about the phone (which we never used), they did move us within the half hour to the new side of the hotel - a substantial improvement. It is well worth staying at Comfort Suites if you can designate the new rooms. I didn't get a chance to take a close look at the older room, but the new rooms were wonderful. Absolutely no complaints and I'd stay there again.