Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

If not to Beaches with kids, then where?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to go to Beaches Resort, but can some one tell me the next best place on Turks and Caicos to take the kids? Thanks for the advice!
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 12:00 PM

Hi,
I can't answer your question but I thought I'd post because we want to know the same thing!! We are planning a vacation in April with 3 kids - 7, 13, 16.
I've heard that Ocean Club West and The Sands are nice, but is there anything to do for the kids?
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 05:47 AM
cdt

I don't think you'll find anyplace else on Provo that's nearly as kid-oriented as Beaches. The Allegro is an all-inclusive that accepts children, but it's not an emphasis.

There are lots of places with condo-type accommodations (such as the Ocean Clubs), which is helpful for a family, but you'd be pretty much on your own as far as activities are concerned.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 06:00 AM

Your kids will love Provo if they are really into the beach and water sports. A good excursion is to take them on a catamaran to go snorkling and see Iguana Island. Other than that, there is not much else for them to do. This would be fine for my kids cause they can entertain themselves in a pool or a beach for hours, but others may need more choice of activities. Both The Sands and Ocean Club West are good choices.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 08:06 AM

We have 3 kids (11, 14 & 17) and spent 10 days at Ocean Club in a 2 bedroom condo. The boys (11 & 17) took a resort scuba course. They did lots of snorkeling (in front of Coral Gardens is fabulous). We did a little shopping and went to the Conch Farm. One day we went looking for Sopadilla Bay, never found it and wished we had just stayed at ocean Club. Some friends we met there said Malcolm Beach was worth the trip. A guy came around a couple times selling parasailing, and my older son went jet skiing with my husband. It takes a little effort to find things to do (if you get bored of the warm, crystal clear ocean and beautiful beach), but there is plenty available. Ocean Club has water sports available right on the beach too. I felt very comfortable letting my kids wander around the hotel grounds. I think Beaches is so large I would have been a little less comfortable with that. We also did a sunset cruise with Sail Provo and a beach cruise with J&B. Don't miss Calico Jacks for dinner (in Ports of Call) it's very kid oriented.