After having two vacations cancelled due to Irma and Maria, cannot complain as we are not dealing with what St. John and St. Croix are dealing with, but my husband and I need to get away from work! So... we're going to Aruba to try it for the first time. We absolutely DO NOT want to stay at a resort, hotel, condo, apartment, etc. we are villa people, but we are having difficulty finding the "right" villa. Needs: very private pool (no tan lines would be great), quiet area of town (secluded if that's even possible) so not likely Palm Beach area (we will be renting a car) and no staff. Budget for villa is $3000 or under for the week. Any help - please, please, please - in finding a quiet villa (NO RESORTS) for Aruba?
Thank you so much in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas