Notices

Aruba - Tips to Keep Cost Down

Jan 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Aruba - Tips to Keep Cost Down

My husband and I are looking to take a trip to Aruba in April/May. We have free airfare so we are trying to make this an inexpensive getaway for relaxation.

Any suggestions on where to stay - must be clean.

Want to be able to get to a nice beach by either walking or public transportation.

Do you need to rent a car for the full 6 days or could we rely on public transportation and rent a car for a day to explore.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Jan 14th, 2012, 06:17 AM
KVR

The hotels on Palm Beach are within walking distance to several restaurants/bars. The least expensive hotel on Palm Beach is the Holiday Inn, but most people recommend the Radission. I noticed that the Westin has been advertising deals lately. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was fine.

If you do not have to be beach front, there are several condo type units across the street from the hotels on Palm Beach that are less expensive and have a place for their guests to go on Palm Beach. I have been looking at the Brickell Bay Beach Resort.

The Mill hotel is fairly inexpensive also. It is across the street from the Westin and guests are allowed to use the beach there.

Aruba has very good public transportation. The bus runs from Palm Beach to Eagle Beach to Downtown. If you want to go beyond that to explore, then you may want to rent a car for a day or two.
Jan 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM

If you want to avoid renting a car I would stay in the holiday inn area. I usually stay in a timeshare but the holiday inn is a great location--looks fine to me I would not hesitate to stay there if the price was right. YOu can either rent a car or take a tour one day to split up your time. A tour that takes you all over and ends down at Baby Beach would be great. You could even do a jeep tour if you like. this would split up your time rather than just staying at the hotel all day on the beach. Moomba beach is within walking distance of the hoiday inn, (on the sand) Great ambiance for dinner and usually a band with music most nights of the week.

Search this Thread