Notices

Aruba suggestions

Sep 20th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Aruba suggestions

Hi Everyone:
We are headed back to Aruba (our 2nd time) for my birthday the 1st week of October. We are staying at Divi where we stayed last year. We really didn't do a lot other than stay at the resort last time. We would love to get out and explore this year. Is it safe to rent a Jeep and drive the island? Any suggestions for rentals? Any suggestions for "must see" sights? We like to just get in the car and go but being newbies we could use some direction. I noticed several of you have been there many times. If you were mapping out one sightseeing day by car starting at our resort what would YOU do? We are really open for anything except shopping (unless you know of any non-touristy local shops). Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Pack a bag and go type of day. TIA
Sep 23rd, 2014, 11:18 PM

I'm following this post because I have many of the same questions for our upcoming trip there.
Sep 24th, 2014, 08:06 AM

We rented a jeep from a company called More 4 Less. I think that was the name? It was a really old beat up jeep with no windows. Our teenagers thought it was fun.We drove all over the island. It is pretty safe. The only area where I would not go is the Oil Refinery area. We wound up there by accident and it was seedy. But all around the island otherwise felt safe. There are some giant wind machines and caves we visited.

Personally, I would not tour the island as there isn't much out there.There are a few good beaches, like Baby Beach to visit. But for the most part, the hotel areas are really where it is nice. To me, Aruba is great beaches, nice water, and great food. Hope you enjoy!

* note, there is a website (travel forum) aruba-bb.com I went there before my first trip and the it is all about aruba and people who travel there frequently!It will get more traffic and have more answers for you.

Search this Thread