Search

Aruba or Grand Cayman?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Michele

Aruba or Grand Cayman?

I visited Aruba for the first time in July and am considering going back. However, I'm curious about GC, as well. I'm limited to stay at only Hyatt hotels (free nights on books), so accomodations are set. I enjoy snorkeling and kayaking, and would love to try Snuba. I may go alone, and didn't find this to be too big a problem in Aruba, but what about GC? Will I be totally lonely there if I go solo? Thanks for any and all input!<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Ron

The Hyatt GC dwarfs the Hyatt Aruba. So no, you won't be alone.<BR>The GC Hyatt really needs a refurb. It's long of tooth and there are many different types of rooms and varying quality.<BR>The hotel is NOT on the beach.<BR>Photos make it look like it is, but it's a hike to the beach from most rooms, at least a quarter mile.<BR>But hey, for free, who's complaining?<BR><BR>As for island character, GC is about as safe as islands get in the Caribe.<BR>Very whitebread.<BR>No worries.<BR>You'll have fun either place.<BR>Personally I prefer GC.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Lisa

Go to Grand Cayman!! 7 mile beach is beautiful,much better than Palm beach!! I loved Grand Cayman and was very disappointed in Aruba!! Go for the Caymans!! Lisa

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Stephen

Go to GC just for something different. The food is great as is the snorkeling, diving and kayaking. The island is very safe and the waiters and waitresses on the island will carry on long conversations with you. However, we came away from GC finding other visitors not as friendly as those on other islands.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:15 AM
millie

7 Mile Beach is beautiful, and GCM has interesting places to visit/sightsee. Terrific restaurants, too. I am traveling solo in April, and have no worries. Caymanians are friendly people. Yes, it is a hike to the beach from the HYatt, but for free, who cares! Have a wonderful time in Cayman.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Lori

GC is the most expensive place I've ever been(including Hawaii). But, it is truly everything everyone else has said. No gambling, though. Not much night-life. If you go you must swim with the stingwrays!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Michele

Thank you so much for replying to my post everyone! I look forward to hearing what anyone has to say, good or bad. Thanks again!<BR>