new to here,new to aruba

Search

new to here,new to aruba

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to here,new to aruba

greetings,my family (2 mid 20's daughters and wife)and i will be spending a week in aruba over easter.i have opted to not do the all inclusive package so my question centers on what i should estimate to pay for meals each day. I know this may be a vague request but although i have been to europe frequently i have never paid for a meal on an island.thanks in advance
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:44 PM

NY PRICES 100-250 FOR DINNER DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GO AND WHAT YOU DRINK.LUNCH THERES LOTS OF FAST FOOD,AND BREAKFAST DINER PRICES.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 05:21 AM

There are many options on Aruba. For such a small island you will be amazed at the choices. You can find restaurants that are inexpensive and then as upscale as you wish. There is no way to predict the costs as you are not sure where you will be eating every day and I am not sure of the exact menu prices right now. They also have a big grocery store where you can get european food, magazines, chocolates, snacks, drinks, etc. Try www.restaurantsaruba.com for some samples. Have fun !
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM

I did all-inclusive and would never do it again. The food was very average. The price of food will depend on where you want to go and what you want to eat. The prices are no different than the US. There is upscale, mid-level, and cheap. Just depends on what you are looking for.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Aruba has everything from KFC and Dunkin' Donuts to higher end dining.
For a sampling of what's there, go to this link which lists numerous restaurant websites, many with menus and prices.

http://www.aruba-links.com/

Better restaurants will have entrees at $25-35 (just like in the US) but there are many restaurants in the $14-18 entree range as well.

I agree that all inclusives are a poor choice on islands like Aruba (if you like good food, or even if you simply like variety).
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 02:55 PM

Lots of good restaurants and prices should be less compared to Western Europe. The El Gaucho is well thought of for steaks however Tango is pretty good as well and they have professional dancers as well. Pretty neat to see. Bon dia, which is Papiemento for good day. You should have them in Aruba.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 05:56 PM

Has been a few years since I was there but I remember a place called Texas de Brazil. The price was approx. $30.00 for dinner per person, but was very unique. Steak was served on skewers along with other meats and chicken. Well worth the price and experience. North side of island.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM

there are a host of restaurants on the island from taco bell to hooters. yes hooters. I was there for my honeymoons so we planned to eat at some upscale (NY prices) to sbrarro pizza. I stayed downtown at the rennessiance and there are a host of great resturants in the area. I have to agree EL gaucho had a great Argentinian steak. The "Drift wood" is a great place for fish and is catched by the owner evey morning. The most romantic restaurant to be at sunset and eat on the beach is the "flying fish bone". This is not an easy place to get too, but well worth it. As soon as you get into your hotel, make some time to sit with the Concierge to make reservations for you at these restaurants I talked about. We spread the reservaions over the whole week to mix in cheap and expensive choices. Good luck