Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Are Comfort Suites a good alternative to pricey Atlantis?

Mar 19th, 1999, 04:50 AM
T. Moore

My fiance and I are going to Paradise Island for our honeymoon. We intended on staying at the Atlantis, however after reading messages in the forum we are reconsidering. The Comfort Suites has been recommended as a great alternative. We want to know what exactly are the rooms like and if they have any kitchen amenities? Also about how much the rooms cost?

Mar 19th, 1999, 10:08 AM
stace

I stayed at the comfort suites about 5 years back. It had just opened. If i remember it was right next to the Atlantis. We sat on the beach at the Atlantis as there is no beach at the suites. The rooms were clean and the pool was nice. I had won a trip so I never did any pricing. I have not been to the new Atlantis but friends tell me it is nice. I am planning a trip to the Atlantis in Oct. As far as kitchen facilities I don't recall any. As far as a clean room close to the beach the comfort suites is nice. It is not what I consider a luxurious carribean resort but very nice and clean. Hope this helps.

Mar 19th, 1999, 10:09 AM
stace

I stayed at the comfort suites about 5 years back. It had just opened. If i remember it was right next to the Atlantis. We sat on the beach at the Atlantis as there is no beach at the suites. The rooms were clean and the pool was nice. I had won a trip so I never did any pricing. I have not been to the new Atlantis but friends tell me it is nice. I am planning a trip to the Atlantis in Oct. As far as kitchen facilities I don't recall any. As far as a clean room close to the beach the comfort suites is nice. It is not what I consider a luxurious carribean resort but very nice and clean. Hope this helps.

Mar 20th, 1999, 05:39 PM
Mary

My family stayed at the Comfort Suite
2 years ago. They have continental
breakfast every morning. There is a
nice pool with a swim up bar. There is
a restaurant - outdoor seating right off
the pool. The rooms have a sitting
area and you can rent a refrig. for a
small fee. The suites are a decent size.
It is located directly across the street
from the Atlantis. The Suites can use
ALL the facilities at the Atlantis.
When we were there we could even use
our suites card and charge drinks, dinners etc. The Atlantis is huge
and it probably takes the same amount of
time to walk across the street to the
beach as it does from the hotel rooms.
I think it is an excellent value - saves
$$ to spend on other things!

Mar 31st, 1999, 03:19 PM
Leon

Hello, I would highly recomment comfort suites it is not as big as the atlantis but is very nice at an inexpensive price range for the bahamas. The rooms are junior suites basically a room and 1/2 continental
breakfast is included and you cn use all the facilities at atlantis if you want. The rooms are very nice and very clean and the staff is extremely helpful and nice. I think you would enjoy .

Mar 31st, 1999, 07:50 PM
jan

We stayed at the Atlantis months after it just opened. The view from the room was great! We overlooked the many pools and slides and the blue carribean. For a honeymoon I would splurge- this is hopefully a once in a lifetime vacation. We also rented motor bikes right in front of the Atlantis and we traveled for miles on them. I would plan to save money at the Comfort Suites if I had several children in tow - not for a honeymoon. We felt the Atlantis was worth the $$$$!