Are all-inclusives worth it in Aruba?

Jan 23rd, 2001, 05:06 PM
barb

Are all-inclusives worth it in Aruba?

I am thinking of traveling to Aruba in late June with two teenagers. Any advice on whether or not to get an all-inclusive package? Would my kids be just as happy in Gulf Coast Forida area or Cancun?

Jan 24th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Eddy

Yes there are some good all inclusive resorts on the island such as the Divi, and the Allegro resort which has a good all inclusive program for kids. However it is not advisable to go all inclusive in Aruba as the island has some of the greatest dining experiences in the Caribbean over 100 great restaurant which meets the taste and budget of all.

Your kids will love Aruba, there so much for them to do on the island such as Adventure golf, Submarine, paintball, Cinemas, Bowling, Butterfly Farm ect.. If you change your mind on the all inclusive issue try La Cabana Resort which is very family friendly oriented resort, it has water kid pools and water slides, gaming room and extensive children activities program.

Hope this helps if you have anymore questions do not hesitate to drop me an e-mail..

Eddy

Jan 24th, 2001, 05:10 AM
eileen

I would never go all-inclusive in Aruba -- there are too many great restaurants to try! Also, lots of fast food and American options (Outback Steakhouse, Dunkin Donuts) if that's what your teenagers like. You can also get whatever you want at the well-stocked grocery stores, I would get condo-type accomodations so you can eat breakfast and lunch in and go out to dinner. Aruba is great -- safe, clean, friendly, wonderful beaches -- some find it too Americanized but that may be good for your teenagers!

Jan 24th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Ted

I say "No" to all-inclusive as well. There are so many great restaurants on the island that your children should experience, not to mention the obligatory fast food for lunch. Also, when in search of food you encounter other things, cultural experiences that you don't get if you sit around your resort all day, waiting for the next buffet.

Jan 24th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Sara

I agree that the restaurants in Aruba are awesome. But, teenagers eat all day long and at all-inclusives there would be food available all day and you can still go out to a few dinners.

Jan 24th, 2001, 08:49 AM
ArubaLisa

All-inclusive has it's purpose and on some islands, is the only way to go. Aruba is not like Jamaica where you don't go out at night. It is different in that you can travel freely and safely, even at night. Taxis are plentiful and fairly inexpensive so it is very easy to get around.

One of Aruba's many attractions is its restaurants. There are all kinds of restaurants in every price range. You will get to see first hand the food and culture of the island. Which all are, by the way, wonderful.

There is plenty of fast food for the kids, they would feel right at home. Have a pizza delivered and you and hubby can go out for a romantic dinner.

Lisa
http://www.arubabound.com

If you love to dine out and taste different things then AI is not for you. If you drink a lot, this would probably be the only way that would make an AI cheaper than paying as you go. Dining out in Aruba does not have to be expensive.

Jan 26th, 2001, 12:16 PM
phil

dont go to the Tamarijn - we ended up going out becuase the food was lousy and the drinks local (watered down)

Jan 27th, 2001, 12:06 PM
karen

Hi Barb: A suggestion would be Lacabana Suites. You have a fridge and stove so the kids can make snacks ect in the room. It is close to the mini golf, taco Bell ect. It is on a great beach and mid way between Palm and Manchebo beach and the bus goes right past. We had a package that included our breakfasts and 3 theme nights. this worked out great because it still enabled us to experience some of the restaurants on the island but as kept the cost of dining out down. There is waterslide, tennis,etc at the resort.Karen

Jan 27th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Parrot Mom

Meet you all half=way... a "dine around".. which means you can eat your breakfasts at the hotel and dine around in many of the restaurants in Aruba... Who wants to eat at Taco Bell or McDonalds..maybe the teens do..but I don't go to a country to eat at these American restaurants.. Bring snacks with you for the kids...food is very expensive in Aruba..