Notices

April/May Honeymoon destination

Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
Original Poster

April/May Honeymoon destination

We are thinking of going to the Bucuti resort in Aruba for our honeymoon, but we are still open to other possibilities. We've only been to the Bahamas and Jamaica, so any other island for would new for us. What we like about Aruba is that it is not too humid, English is spoken, direct flight from US, Eagle Beach, plenty to do and see. What we like about Bucuti is that is close to, but in the middle of the crowds, has a "dine around" plan that's not exactly all-inclusive, but does offer a pre-paid dining option, has modern amenities, good value for the price.

We are in our 36 & 41, and mostly look forward to enjoying the beach, land & sea excursions, a little shopping and taking in the local scene, especially live music.

If you wanna throw anything out there, I welcome the input. We've looked at St. Lucia and Antigua and found Aruba to be better suited to our budget and interests.
Nov 24th, 2010, 05:34 AM

The general feeling among most Aruba visitors is that it is a waste to go all inclusive there. There are so many great restaurants and unlike some Caribbean destinations, it is very safe.
Nov 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM

We have never stayed there, but we have said if we ever go back to Aruba, that is where we would go. We liked the idea of it being a boutique hotel and heard they have good service. Beautiful beach - they even got an award for their beach as a "Dream Beach", I believe. If you go and stay in the Tara Suites, please post a trip report as we are especially curious about them.
Nov 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM

We have stayed at the Bucuti and I remember being so excited to stay in the Tara Suites..they were brand new when we went. In fact, we were the first people to stay in our suite and even got a Bucuti "Tara Suites Premiere" t -shirt...one of my softest t-shirts to this day!

Several things you should know about the Bucuti(and you may already know them). It's location is NOT with the majority of the bigger hotels. You almost feel a bit isolated. We liked that..others may not. The sunsets there are amazing and they have a great beach bar where everyone goes for sunset drinks. Its also a bit more European in feel and culture. There was some topless sunbathing..which didnt bother us ,as well as a general laid-back attitude.The beach is great and is very wide.We did experience some "solicitations from locals" and I dont mean arts and crafts. This part didnt go over well with me as my h was approached not far from our ground floor patio. We did notify the staff and they were very apologetic. I do believe there may be more of this on Eagle beach vs Palm beach.

I would NOT do an AI in Aruba . There are too many good restaurants in Aruba. We really arent AI people , though, unless they are top-notch. Speaking of, check out the Royal Hideaway in Playa-del-carmen. We have been three times..its Amazing and great for a honeymoon as well.

Keep us posted.....

Search this Thread